Surfnrides 2005 Silverado 1500 5.3 Supercharged & Caged

surfnride

Well that sucks.... The epoxy paint didn't set.  The entire cab and cage has to be stripped now and re-sprayed.  Going to take 3-4 days just to get the crappy paint off.   Kinda pissed the paint shop didn't test the paint before applying it.   Not Kurts fault but the delay sucks.

The custom Culhane transmission got delayed also due to the Baja 500.    

I'll just keep waiting... patiently... sort of...  ;)   Dropped it off April 19th.   I keep adding stuff so delays were expected but damn it's hard being patient when all you want to do is get this and head to Baja to go rip shit up.  South swells are coming so surf the morning/evening sessions and either ride my XR650R during the day or hop in the Pre-runner if it's too hot out to ride.

Patience SurfnRide.... Patience... :lol:

2 minutes ago, starman8tdc said:

How much $$ do you have into this so far, and whats the projected total cost? 

That's like asking a woman her age.  Or her weight....:uhoh:

Let's just put it this way.  My wife thinks it's 10,000 and that's all that matters.  :):D

• Haha 1

(Rant warning) 

Your wife thinks what? Why would she be involved in any of that stuff unless she turns wrenches or rules the roost? 

I have never understood the concept of "happy wife, happy life". 

I treat my wife like a princess, and in return she treats me like a king. I give her everything she ever wanted, and she returns the favor. As for finances, she has no need or desire to handle money. Same way that I have no need or desire to own a dish sponge or knee pads. 

Men are with woman for specific reasons. Woman are with men for specific reasons. No need for grey areas, its pretty cut and dry. If each side provides exactly what the other wants and needs, then the problems evaporate and everyone is very content and happy.

If either side cant or wont accommodate the needs of the other - or wont fulfill all the obligations , then there is the door. 

(Rant warning) 

Your wife thinks what? Why would she be involved in any of that stuff unless she turns wrenches or rules the roost? 

I treat my wife like a princess, and in return she treats me like a king. I give her everything she ever wanted, and she returns the favor. As for finances, she has no need or desire to handle money. Same way that I have no need or desire to own a dish sponge or knee pads. 

Men are with woman for specific reasons. Woman are with men for specific reasons. No need for grey areas, its pretty cut and dry. If each side provides exactly what the other wants and needs, then the problems evaporate and everyone is very content and happy.

If either side cant or wont accommodate the needs of the other - or wont fulfill all the obligations , then there is the door. 

That’s funny. I was 18 when I got married my wife was 16. I was a car nut and would spend most of my money on them. My wife took over the check book and put me on a car allowance. I still manage to have over 100 vehicles, mostly from selling, trading, fixing up and trading up. My wife’s financial knowledge and real estate I retired at 58. All I cared about was working and hot rods, left the rest to her. In any good partnership someone brings more to the table. I admit I married up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, starman8tdc said:

(Rant warning) 

Do you pound your chest and burp/fart when you walk into the house? 

Crack a natty ice and slide into your dixie flag/nascar logo'd lazy boy to watch re-runs of your favorite Moonshiners episode?:P

Hey, as long as everyone is happy - that's what counts. I have been in relationships where she ran the finances, and other relationships where I did. Who ever is better at it should be the one to do it. I love working on cars, but if my wife was better at it, I would pass the wrench to her. 

Pound my chest? Re-runs?

There is a fine line between being a cave man, and a man. If I were to bow down to my wife and cry over chick flick movies, my wife would drop me like a bag of dirt, and I wouldn't blame her. She doesn't want to see her man weep over some lame TV show, and I don't want to see her with a mustache. Being a douche and being a man are two different things. Ask any chick. 

Edited by starman8tdc

15 hours ago, starman8tdc said:

Pound my chest? Re-runs?

There is a fine line between being a cave man, and a man. If I were to bow down to my wife and cry over chick flick movies, my wife would drop me like a bag of dirt, and I wouldn't blame her. She doesn't want to see her man weep over some lame TV show, and I don't want to see her with a mustache. Being a douche and being a man are two different things. Ask any chick. 

download.jpg

• Haha 1

Just got back from chasing a swell down in Baja and got a few update pics when I got back across the border. Looks like the paint is done. Progress. Color turned out perfect for matching the dash/door panels.

20180611_1041281.jpg

20180611_1041151.jpg

20180611_1041221.jpg

28 minutes ago, starman8tdc said:

That looks like a really fun build. Whats the long term plan? Racing? 

Yeah.  This will be the prerunner for either a class 7, 8 or 10 for the baja races.  Still waffling on which one.

Decided to up my gauge game and added a glowshift 7 color tinted oil temp gauge, volt meter, boost psi gauge to go along with the trans oil temp gauge. Kind of curious to see what kind of custom center console Kurt is going to come up with that holds all the gauges and gets the Winters shifter right up near the wheel so I can shift quick and easy without reaching down and taking my eyes off the road.

Boost.jpg

Tinted7_OilTemp_Main_1__03760.1491424046.600.600.jpg

Tinted7_Volt_Main_1__04922.1491425446.600.600.jpg