Surfnrides 2005 Silverado 1500 5.3 Supercharged & Caged

surfnride

On 5/22/2018 at 12:58 PM, SarahsGMC said:

hell yea looks good, we build these out in Michigan ill do mine up someday

I'm assuming to go out to to Silver Lake Dunes?   I've seen a few Pre-Runners on you tube vids out there.

10 minutes ago, SarahsGMC said:

every year the prerunner invasion grows its gotten huge, but the park keeps hitting everyone with bogus rules and making it hard to want to continue going there

Still kinda cool to see the Baja type trucks showing up out there.  I can't think of what else they would be good for out there except for the dunes.  I guess you could stud your tires and use it on the lakes during the winter or on the slopes wintercross style like Ricky Johnson did. :D:thumbs:

https://www.redbull.com/us-en/video-frozen-rush-sends-a-chill-up-the-spine

Edited by surfnride

3 minutes ago, starman8tdc said:

Can you get insurance for that kind of race? I have seen many trucks destroyed. It would be a shame to trash such a nice vehicle without any compensation for the loss. 

Not for the truck.  But you can for any damage to spectators or property.  Liability basically.  Don't hold me to this... I could be wrong

So there was a bit of miscommunication and the truck had to go back in and get painted a third time.  Fab guy thought I was going to do a headliner and I'm putting that off until I handle other things that I find more valuable like 4 linking etc...  So the truck had to go back in and get the ceiling and side down cross beams painted also.   That got finished up and the truck is now back at the shop getting ready for the next phase of work.  The dash is pretty much back together now too.  Time to rock and roll and knock out the last dozen or so things. 

imagejpeg_1.jpg

imagejpeg_0.jpg

imagejpeg_2.jpg

imagejpeg_3.jpg

Couple 7.5 inch cheap LED side lights on each side of the roof rack.  Will be nice when were out chasing or setting up camp late at night.  Connect them to their own independent rocker switches.

Read some good things about these if you pull the front lens off and reinforce the seal.  We'll see.  Worth a shot for the price.

Side LED Bars.jpg

So I've been punching some #'s and I have come across the realization that I am going to be under powered if I am going to run all these gauges and lights. I have 1 yellow top back up battery in the bed so going to double up with another 830 cold cranking amp yellow top Optima battery. That should give me enough juice to run everything. Have to swap out the battery tray etc... 

It never ends.... :lol: 

Yellow.jpg

Batt Rack.jpg

20180611_1041031.jpg

Dual CBR Trans coolers installed. Oil cooler goes in the 3rd slot soon. New sheet metal will be cut to form around the coolers to allow air flow.

The old cheap cooler is the one still bolted to the sheet metal.

20180629_115833.jpg

Custom jack holder mounted for my pro eagle 2 ton jack. I put it in the middle so its tough for thieves to reach it but it's still easy for me to get it since I am 6'7. Plus it will be partially hidden behind the spare tires.

20180629_115943.thumb.jpg.cc47fdec689c77698ea5c9e473374cd9.jpg

20180629_142013.jpg

Couldn't help myself. Picked up a couple Lighted LED Whips for night fun in Glamis, Pismo or OW. White color. Have a specific rocker switch labeled Lighted whip so good to go.

Whip.jpg

Buggy Whips.jpg