Surfnrides 2005 Silverado 1500 5.3 Supercharged & Caged

surfnride

Rear safety light bar got wired. Kurt had to tear apart the entire wire harness and rewire it to get it to function the way I want it. Now when the rear light switch is thrown the 2 x red and 2 x amber run through 3 different flashing patterns and the white lights are linked to the brakes. Super stoked they figured that out. Not going to get nerfed now when I'm blazing through the silt/dust/fog/low viz sections.

20181107_180845.jpg

20181107_145344.jpg

BTW... Have to give props to Rigid Industries. The 50" LED light bar on my truck had been on for years and all of a sudden it started having a strobing issue. Ran through all of the troubleshooting we could on our side and no luck resolving the issue. 

Called Rigid and they have a lifetime warranty on the internals. 

I sent it in and they had it back to me within 10 days. I covered shipping there and they covered back to me.

Can't say enough about how awesome that is. Great customer service and a great quality product.

• 4 weeks later...

Truck is powered and running. Did the shake down drive a week ago and now we're rebuilding the rear shocks and replacing the busted sway away bump stops with some King bump stops with 4 inches of play. Front and back shocks needed to be valved and rebuilt.

King 4.png

• 2 weeks later...

So I now have the truck in my possession but I have to do one more trip back to the shop to do a few last things.

New seal on the rear diff
New Deaver U182 leaf springs. G26's were on there and they were shot. 
Adjust the front shocks to get 4 more inches of up travel once the Deavers are on
Connect the AC vent hosing inside the center console.
Change out the malfuctioning fitting on the oil cooler. On the 1st day I drove it home it was pissing oil all over the road, driveway etc...

20181214_115420.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Took it out 2 weeks ago to shake it down and worked out some weak spots. Ruined my steering rack on a rock I hit going about 80 mph.  Hoping the new HD one gets delivered today so we can get it installed before out trip to the dez tomorrow. Shake down #2...

Had too much fun out there on the 1st shake down and only took a couple pics. I'll try to take some vids and what not this weekend if we get it fixed in time.

IMG_20181223_012623_083.jpg

IMG_20181229_101748_157.jpg

20181223_144844.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

Have to ask and sorry if you already answered this. But why rear leafs there are so many better suspension? 

This is going to be one of the limiting factors i see