Gorehamj

Clean Shaven & Wish You Could Be In A Silverado Commercial? Here’s Your Chance!

Jigsaw silverado image.jpg

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
5-9-2018

Following our recent post, “Own a Silverado? Have a Beard? Want to Be In a TV Commercial? Here’s Your Chance!,” the folks at Jigsaw casting in Toronto reached out to us to let us know that, somehow, the source we used for the casting call for Silverado owners had some bad information. Sylvia Lee from Jigsaw let us know today that Jigsaw is looking for Silverado owners, but the beard thing is not part of the required qualifications. Here is Jigsaw’s casting call info for those who might be interested. You can view the full details along with a direct link to Jigsaws post here:

Jigsaw Casting Ltd. is seeking Silverado Owners from across Canada for a National Ad Campaign!

Description

We are seeking Canadian Individuals / Families who drive a Chevrolet Silverado for a TV & Online commercial! Does this sound like you or someone you know?

Looking for:

Silverado “Helpers” - Seeking individuals or families that have stories about using their Silverado to help

out/give back to their communities or to a cause within Canada. Must own a Chevrolet Silverado.

Examples of what we are looking for (But do not limit to just these):

A) Driving across the province to another town to haul sandbags to prevent flooding.

B) Hauling heavy equipment to aid with fighting forest fires.

If selected, you will be compensated as a professional actor

(+ travel, accommodation and meals)

For your reference, here is a previous Chevrolet Campaign of this nature:

Submission Deadline: May 11/18 (However the earlier you apply, the better your chances!)

I don't have a beard but wife does have a mustache .....does it count ??

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 3:08 PM, pickmeup said:

I don't have a beard but wife does have a mustache .....does it count ??

Well played, now you probably should run.........

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Do I have to be a "real person"?

Like they have in their other commericals?

Edited by SnakeEyeSS

2 hours ago, SnakeEyeSS said:

Do I have to be a "real person"?

Like they have in their other commericals?

:crackup:

No. You don't have to be a real person. As long as you're not an actor.

so long

j-ten-ner

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By BigMikeZ71
      Just looking to see what's the best way to fit 35s on my truck, its stock right now looking to upgrade 

• By Hunter leech

Lomax review

I recived the cover in about a week. Which is good time considering it had to go through customs to get to canada. First impression was that the box seemed light for a metal cover. The cover was well packed and secured inside the box. Installing the cover was straight forward and easy. It took about 15 mins to install. The cover locks on the rails good and has two safety straps just in case. The cover is easy to unlock and fold as it is lightweight and durable. The top of the cover is smooth so it could be wrapped to any colour you would like. The cover sits about as flush to the bed rails as possible. It has a very sleek and clean look which makes the cover stand out. The cover has been on my truck for about 3 days now and we have had a ton of rain. The cover has kept all the rain out of the bed of my truck. It keeps anything in the bed locked away and give you piece of mind it won’t be stolen. This cover still gives you full access to the bed of your truck. If you need to load bigger items such as an Atv. The cover removes very easy by one person. This cover gives the truck a very sleek design like no other cover I’ve ever seen. It is the perfect combination between being durable and lightweight. It is durable enough that you can set things onto the cover with no worry at all. I was always watching things like drinks when I set them on my old cover because it was a soft fold and really could only set things on the support bars. Now with the lomax cover it’s pretty well like a table on the back of the truck. It is super easy to fold. The cover locks can be pulled with one hand and they unlock on each side at the same time. Saves from having to go to each side and unlocking separately. I would highly recommend this cover to everyone. It is the perfect cover. The lomax cover gets a 10/10. I want to thank the people at agri-covers for giving me this opportunity to review the lomax cover. They knocked it out of the ball park with this cover. Go over and check out their site and get a cover of your own. You won’t regret it at all. Last picture is of my truck with the old cover.

• By Zane

Zane Merva
      Executive Editor, GM-Trucks.com
      5/18/2018

We just found out about Chevy's all new 2.7L Turbo-Four engine that will be standard on LT and RST trim levels this morning. Now, we're finding out exactly how we'll be able to pair all of the new Silverado's trim levels and engine choices. 

Remember, the Silverado has been slated to get an all new 3.0L Diesel engine... but we've heard nothing about which trim levels we'd be able to order it in until today. The answer will make a lot of people happy. The 3.0L Duramax can be ordered on most trim levels, including LT, RST, LT Trail Boss, LTZ, and High Country. Anyone upset about the lack of the 6.2L in the Trail Boss should jump for joy that they can have a diesel instead!  EDIT: I was wrong. LT Trail Boss does not get the 3.0L and ONLY has the 5.3L listed. How disappointing. 

We've also learned that GM will carry over last year's 4.3L and 5.3L engines for WT Custom Trims. You can actually buy a Custom Trail Boss with 2018's 5.3L and a six-speed transmission. How odd. 

How does everything else line up? GM's press release says it most succinctly, so I've copied that info below:

A Silverado — and an engine — for every need
      Each engine/transmission combination is matched with exterior design and interior features to create distinct personalities for each Silverado trim, based on three broad customer profiles: High Value, High Volume and High Feature.

High Value — For customers seeking full-size truck capability and the highest level of affordability, the Work Truck (WT), Custom and Custom Trail Boss trims offer two proven engine and transmission combinations:
      Standard: 4.3L V-6 with Active Fuel Management and a six-speed automatic transmission (SAE-certified at 285 hp/305 lb-ft).
      Available: 5.3L V-8 with Active Fuel Management and a six-speed automatic transmission (SAE-certified at 355 hp/383 lb-ft).

High Volume — For customers shopping in the heart of the truck market, the LT, RST and LT Trail Boss trims balance technology, efficiency and performance:
      Standard for LT and RST: All-new 2.7L Turbo with Active Fuel Management and stop/start technology paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission (SAE-certified at 310 hp/348 lb-ft).
      Standard on LT Trail Boss and available on LT and RST: An updated 5.3L V-8 with Dynamic Fuel Management and stop/start technology with an eight-speed automatic transmission (SAE certified at 355 hp/383 lb-ft).
      Available on LT and RST: The all-new Duramax 3.0L Turbo-Diesel with stop/start technology paired with a 10-speed automatic transmission will be available in early 2019.

High Feature — For customers shopping for a premium truck, the LTZ and High Country trims offer the highest levels of performance and technology, including:
      Standard: Updated 5.3L V-8 with Dynamic Fuel Management and stop/start technology  paired with an eight-speed automatic transmission (SAE certified at 355 hp/383 lb-ft).
      Available: Updated 6.2L V-8 with Dynamic Fuel Management and stop/start technology paired with a 10-speed automatic transmission (SAE certified at 420 hp/460 lb-ft).
      Available: The all-new Duramax 3.0L inline-six Turbo-Diesel with stop/start technology paired with a 10-speed automatic transmission will be available in early 2019.

2019 CHEVROLET SILVERADO PROPULSION LINEUP

4.3L V-6
      w/AFM (6-spd.) 2.7L I-4 Turbo w/AFM (8-spd.)  
      5.3L V-8 w/AFM (6-spd.)
      5.3L V-8 w/DFM (8-spd.)
      3.0L I-6 Turbo-Diesel  (10-spd.)
      6.2L V-8 w/DFM (10-spd.)
      Work Truck (WT)
      Std.
      --
      Avail.
      --
      --
      --
      Custom
      Std.
      --
      Avail.
      --
      --
      --
      Custom Trail Boss
      Std.
      --
      Avail.
      --
      --
      --
      LT
      --
      Std.
      --
      Avail.
      Avail.
      --
      RST
      --
      Std.
      --
      Avail.
      Avail.
      --
      LT Trail Boss
      --
      --
      --
      Std.
      --
      --
      LTZ
      --
      --
      --
      Std.
      Avail.
      Avail.
      High Country
      --
      --
      --
      Std.
      Avail.
      Avail.
    • By hunter1979
      Hi,
      I've got a 2007 Silverado 1500, crew cab, LTZ, with AFM and 207,xxx miles on it.  I was having an issue with my motor (I was hoping it was just a coil or plugs), and after the repair shop looked it over, they discovered all the spark plugs on one side of the engine were shot.  Hoping it would still be an easy fix, they looked into it further to discover that there is no compression and it looks like my motor needs to be rebuilt or replaced (a somewhat common occurrence for this particular motor so it seems).  My quote for replacing the engine with a Jasper engine is $6,500.  It will come with a 3 year, 100,000 mile warranty.  I've heard they're pretty solid engines.
      I "was" planning on turning it in around September/October and purchasing a new 2019.  I figured around my area (lower Michigan) that I could get around $9,000.  It has a new front bumper and fender flares color matched to the truck (to deal with rust issues), so besides the rust I stopped from spreading under the fender flares, the truck has no rust or other damage.  Very clean inside, only issue is the crack in the dash (another common issue, I hear).  It's not in immaculate condition, but I've taken excellent care of it the entire time I've owned it.

Soo, I'm open to anyone's opinion.  Is it worth putting a new motor in, or just try to sell it "as-is."  I'm assuming I could get $3,000 for how it sits, but I could be WAY off on that.

My thoughts:
      1.  Put a new motor in, drive for a year, still get $7-8K out of it?  I don't know if the new motor would help with resale, or hurt?  By that time, there should be incentives and deals on 2019, and I'm sure I can get one at least $7K lower than a a new one now.
      2.  Sell the truck, take the $3K (if I can even get that) and find a deal on a 2018...or similar

$6,500 seems like a lot to me to put into an 11 year old vehicle.  But I just don't know.  I hadn't thought about any of this 3 days ago, but such is reality.  Figured I'd try to read through whatever help you guys could give and weigh all my options.

Appreciate any insight!
    • By Zane

Zane Merva
      Executive Editor, GM-Trucks.com
      5/18/2018

As it turns out, the leaked figures for the 2019 5.3L and 6.2L V8 engines wasn't far off. That's the good news. The bad news is the SAE certified horsepower and torque will match 2018's numbers exactly. 

But that doesn't mean the 2018 and 2019 engines are the same. Instead of the 2018's Active Fuel Management, which allows the engine to switch between four and eight cylinders, the 2019 V8's have Dynamic Fuel Management. DFM can adjust the firing cylinders in up to 17 different ways. Theoretically, that should mean improved fuel economy at the same power output. Chevrolet hasn't released any fuel economy numbers yet, so that is just a theory. 

But if you really like the 2018 5.3L V8 and want to buy it again with the 2019 Silverado, fear not. You can option it with a six-speed transmission for WT, LT, and LT Trail Boss trims. 

--------------------
      2019 CHEVROLET SILVERADO 5.3L WITH DYNAMIC FUEL MANAGEMENT SPECIFICATIONS
      Type:
      5.3L V-8 VVT DI with Dynamic Fuel Management
      Bore & Stroke (in / mm):
      3.78 x 3.62 / 96 x 92
      Block Material:
      Cast aluminum
      Cylinder Head Material:
      Cast aluminum
      Compression Ratio:
      11.0:1