Gorehamj

Clean Shaven & Wish You Could Be In A Silverado Commercial? Here’s Your Chance!

Jigsaw silverado image.jpg

John Goreham
Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
5-9-2018

Following our recent post, “Own a Silverado? Have a Beard? Want to Be In a TV Commercial? Here’s Your Chance!,” the folks at Jigsaw casting in Toronto reached out to us to let us know that, somehow, the source we used for the casting call for Silverado owners had some bad information. Sylvia Lee from Jigsaw let us know today that Jigsaw is looking for Silverado owners, but the beard thing is not part of the required qualifications. Here is Jigsaw’s casting call info for those who might be interested. You can view the full details along with a direct link to Jigsaws post here:

Jigsaw Casting Ltd. is seeking Silverado Owners from across Canada for a National Ad Campaign!

Description

We are seeking Canadian Individuals / Families who drive a Chevrolet Silverado for a TV & Online commercial! Does this sound like you or someone you know?

Looking for:

Silverado “Helpers” - Seeking individuals or families that have stories about using their Silverado to help

out/give back to their communities or to a cause within Canada. Must own a Chevrolet Silverado.

Examples of what we are looking for (But do not limit to just these):

A) Driving across the province to another town to haul sandbags to prevent flooding.

B) Hauling heavy equipment to aid with fighting forest fires.

If selected, you will be compensated as a professional actor

(+ travel, accommodation and meals)

For your reference, here is a previous Chevrolet Campaign of this nature:

Submission Deadline: May 11/18 (However the earlier you apply, the better your chances!)

I don't have a beard but wife does have a mustache .....does it count ??

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 3:08 PM, pickmeup said:

I don't have a beard but wife does have a mustache .....does it count ??

Well played, now you probably should run.........

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Do I have to be a "real person"?

Like they have in their other commericals?

Edited by SnakeEyeSS

2 hours ago, SnakeEyeSS said:

Do I have to be a "real person"?

Like they have in their other commericals?

:crackup:

No. You don't have to be a real person. As long as you're not an actor.

so long

j-ten-ner

An American company wanting Canadian actors. I think their priorities are off. 

An American company wanting Canadian actors. I think their priorities are off. 

What’s wrong with Canadian actors?
Corporate is American, General is North America

Wait for the Mexicans super bowl commercial coming to you this fall

Grizzly

22 hours ago, grizzlyltz said:

What’s wrong with Canadian actors?
Corporate is American, General is North America emoji1063.png

Wait for the Mexicans super bowl commercial coming to you this fall

Grizzly

American Trucks should use American actors for their commercials. 

American Trucks should use American actors for their commercials. 

No not if your selling in Canada, it a Canadian commercial

Grizzly

Just now, grizzlyltz said:

No not if your selling Canada, it a Canadian commercial

Grizzly

Nah, still an American company. 

Nah, still an American company. 

Lol what ever

Grizzly

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Gorehamj

John Goreham
      10-19-2018
      Tuffy Security Products has just launched a new rear under seat lockbox designed to fit 2019 GMC Sierra and Chevy Silverado Crew Cab and Double Cab pickup trucks. With Tuffy's form-fitting design, the lockbox is concealed from view when the Trucks' 60/40 split bench seats are down. The Model 352 is built from rugged 16 gauge powder coated welded steel. The box includes Tuffy's patented Pry-Guard locking system with 1/8-inch welded steel components with chamfered edges. Tuffy's Pry-Guard technology has a 10 tumbler double-bitted security lock complete with weather seals to keep the contents of your box secure. The 352's weather-resistant lid has an exclusive hinge system with a built-in lid stop that holds up lid when open. 

There is no drilling required to install the Tuffy Model 352 and all the hardware you need is included. The innovative mounting system allows for quick removal when the lockbox is open. "At Tuffy, we are committed to bringing our customers high-quality security products. The Model 352 is an excellent addition to the Tuffy Product line because it is completely concealed from view, has two separate access points and is designed to protect whatever gear is stored inside," said Chip Olson, Tuffy Security's marketing director.

The new 352 for the 2019 Sierra and Silverado joins the Model 343 for the new Colorado and Canyon trucks and the  Model 340, which is for the 2007-2018 Silverado and Sierra. Tuffy now has boxes built specifically for the majority of GM's trucks. GM-Trucks.com hopes to test out the new 352 in our long-term 2019 Silverado tester. Watch for a full review in the coming months.    

• By phabejhmoob
      Hello yall, it's been great reading up and contributing here but I'm out of the GM game..   I went and got me a Tundra.  I just needed a crew cab and felt my extended cab wasn't going to serve my family well - too crowded.  

I'll miss some nice features that the Silverado had but at the same time.. I got a really good deal on my Tundra (higher trim than my Silverado ever was).

• By Gorehamj

John Goreham
      10-17-2018

General Motors is hiring part-time workers to staff up its Flint Assembly Plant. The plant makes Silverados and Sierras. Local news outlets near the Flint plant are reporting that the positions are for one to 3 days per week including mandatory Saturdays and short-notice overtime shifts. Pay starts at $15.78. Those who stay longer than 30 days will be eligible for benefits.  Katy Teer, a plant spokeswoman, said, "...to aid balancing our workforce with our business, the duration of employment is indefinite at this time."  

GM's truck shipments have been well below typical s the company switches from 2018 to the 2019 model year vehicles. Perhaps this hiring is to help with a short-term push to up production. 
    • By BlkSS
      $375 (PayPal Friends and Family) Shipped Insured to White Automotive and Media Services

I am selling this 2018 Sierra Denali Diesel UHS cluster that I purchased off of ebay as "New - Other".  The listing had it listed as a 2017 UHS cluster but what arrived was a 2018 UHS Cluster, P/N: 84385169.  WAMS was nice enough to attempt to program it for me even though it was for a different model year but they were unsuccessful to make it function 100% with the vehicle due to the MY difference.  This is for MY 2018 Diesels and is US Spec (MPH).  I will ship the cluster directly to WAMS once I have received payment AND your Order # from WAMS.  I will send you the tracking information once it ships.  WAMS's website is listed below to assist you with purchasing their programming:

http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/

This requires special programming before installing in a vehicle.  I will ship directly to WAMS to ensure that the required programming is done correctly so there are no tamper flags or anything tripped as there would be if it was installed prior to programming.  I am just trying to recoup some of my loss.  I have attached pics of the actual cluster.  If you have any questions, please feel free to message me.

• By Andrew2015
      Anyone get better performance running any tuners on a 2015 Silverado 1/2 ton? Better gas mileage? Power? If so what brands are worth the money?