GM Replace or Repurchase Offer

46 minutes ago, markp1958 said:

I'm looking at other brands wish I didn't need a truck honestly . My 06 sierra is too rusty to do a renovation as well as being pretty banged up . It runs great and I love it but it looks like crap pulling up on a jobsite .I definitely have a bad taste for GM now and used to be dedicated to them . Just want out and will never go back . Not sure whether to post updates here or start a new thread on my upcoming experience with GM

What problem is the same between your '17 and '18?

We took a brand new tundra to Ontario last fall on a fishing trip. It was one of my fishing buddies’ truck. We took turns driving from West Virginia to Ontario. I’ll be honest, I thought the tundra drove like crap. I Like my 15 Sierra much better. It was somewhat disappointing as I’ve been thinking about a tundra as my next truck in the future. Hopefully they will give it some updates by then.

Hooksets are free...

• 2 weeks later...

I had my 2015 replaced with a 2017 last year and GM gave me credit for the after market options installed (bed cover and tints).  My 2015 had multiple issues with the rear differential and the dealer could never get it right.  The replacement process stunk though, it is not friendly at all and the GM rep was not vey responsive at all.  Besides that, I had to find the replacement vehicle myself and that was a separate pain in itself.  This was a 5 month process altogether.  These south of the border assembled trucks are not the same as before, the quality is definitely inferior.  In my opinion, Ford and Ram are not any better.  Might have to get a Yota next time around!

7 hours ago, EgieMountaineer said:

I had my 2015 replaced with a 2017 last year and GM gave me credit for the after market options installed (bed cover and tints).  My 2015 had multiple issues with the rear differential and the dealer could never get it right.  The replacement process stunk though, it is not friendly at all and the GM rep was not vey responsive at all.  Besides that, I had to find the replacement vehicle myself and that was a separate pain in itself.  This was a 5 month process altogether.  These south of the border assembled trucks are not the same as before, the quality is definitely inferior.  In my opinion, Ford and Ram are not any better.  Might have to get a Yota next time around!

UPDATE: Much of what you guys have said is coming true... the GM rep doesn't return my calls or respond to emails. I promptly sent all docs requested and they sat on it. Then a supervisor called and told me to call the dealer to get started on replacement. Dealer had NO idea what was going on. Transferred to sales rep and of course they can't find a double cab with same features... So I spent my Saturday scouring the GM site for inventory. Found only ONE truck, and it had features I don't really need... like a sunroof. But I got to thinking.... why does GMC offer an 8 speed transmission with their 5.3L? They don't do it any other way. And Chevrolet doesn't offer 8 speed on 5.3L at all... you have to jump up to 6.2L.... and that's what I spec'd in the replacement vehicle.  So when this is done, I'm sure I won't be able to afford my replacement truck, as it is about 10k more MSRP, but I hopefully won't have anymore mechanical problems.  I basically have been doing all this crap on my own, and if the $ is too much I may just ask for a check anyway. But coming from Toyota, I can tell you I will NEVER buy another one of those again. 

UPDATE: Much of what you guys have said is coming true... the GM rep doesn't return my calls or respond to emails. I promptly sent all docs requested and they sat on it. Then a supervisor called and told me to call the dealer to get started on replacement. Dealer had NO idea what was going on. Transferred to sales rep and of course they can't find a double cab with same features... So I spent my Saturday scouring the GM site for inventory. Found only ONE truck, and it had features I don't really need... like a sunroof. But I got to thinking.... why does GMC offer an 8 speed transmission with their 5.3L? They don't do it any other way. And Chevrolet doesn't offer 8 speed on 5.3L at all... you have to jump up to 6.2L.... and that's what I spec'd in the replacement vehicle.  So when this is done, I'm sure I won't be able to afford my replacement truck, as it is about 10k more MSRP, but I hopefully won't have anymore mechanical problems.  I basically have been doing all this crap on my own, and if the $ is too much I may just ask for a check anyway. But coming from Toyota, I can tell you I will NEVER buy another one of those again. 

Taco or tundra? What issues steered you away from them?

Hooksets are free...

11 hours ago, Skeeter McSkeet said:

Taco or tundra? What issues steered you away from them?

Hooksets are free...

I purchased a 2007 Tacoma based on my great experience with those older Toyota pickups. It took a while to notice, but interior was cheaply made.... nothing like having the door armrest buckle under your arm. And it was mainly a work truck so I would have even lived with that... but last year I started getting terrible gas mileage... like 12 in the city... took it to my mechanic and he found a cylinder with low compression. No one wanted to work on it, they only wanted to pull the engine and replace it. End of watch mileage 145,000. Way to low for that kind of crap to be happening even after 10 years. So I "upgraded" to my Silverado.... thinking that if I was going to get terrible gas mileage I might as well have a workhorse. I have a friend who has a new Tundra and he loves it. I couldn't bring myself to do it.

I had good experience with Toyota trucks people I know same thing. There’s one exception they are using soy base wire covering. Mice love it, so if you live close to those critters you may want to think twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, drummerman said:

I purchased a 2007 Tacoma based on my great experience with those older Toyota pickups. It took a while to notice, but interior was cheaply made.... nothing like having the door armrest buckle under your arm. And it was mainly a work truck so I would have even lived with that... but last year I started getting terrible gas mileage... like 12 in the city... took it to my mechanic and he found a cylinder with low compression. No one wanted to work on it, they only wanted to pull the engine and replace it. End of watch mileage 145,000. Way to low for that kind of crap to be happening even after 10 years. So I "upgraded" to my Silverado.... thinking that if I was going to get terrible gas mileage I might as well have a workhorse. I have a friend who has a new Tundra and he loves it. I couldn't bring myself to do it.

I've always loved tacomas, I just have never been able to justify paying full size truck price for a mid size.  I just wondered as I never hear anyone really badmouthing their vehicles, glad to see they have some bad apples too!  Thanks for the reply.

1 hour ago, KARNUT said:

I had good experience with Toyota trucks people I know same thing. There’s one exception they are using soy base wire covering. Mice love it, so if you live close to those critters you may want to think twice.

LMAO do I sense sarcasm? Toyota's are more American made than our trucks honestly.

• Like 1

LMAO do I sense sarcasm? Toyota's are more American made than our trucks honestly.

I know I drive a Camry, more American made than any other car.

• Like 1

I’m using that line about the wiring ASAP, just now put it in my back pocket lol.

Hooksets are free...

Soy base wire covers is true, not a line. My brother in law had the wires under his intake chewed twice. 700$ fix each time. He tried moth balls, leaving the hood up etc.

Soy base wire covers is true, not a line. My brother in law had the wires under his intake chewed twice. 700$ fix each time. He tried moth balls, leaving the hood up etc.

Good grief!

Hooksets are free...

16 hours ago, drummerman said:

The old 80s style crapota trucks were awesome.  Way under powered, even with the turbo, but awesome.  Rust buckets for sure, but fun to drive until they rusted apart.