AC Delco Spark Plugs Defect ? - New Out Of Box

I put some new plugs in my truck yesterday.

AC Delco 41-110.

I noticed on 3 of the plugs that the center electrode and the ground electrode didn't line up.

I will try to explain.

If you hold the plug so you are looking at the electrodes I noticed the center electrode was not inline with the center of the ground electrode.

On the underside of the ground electrode there is a small nodule of iridium that I believe should line up with the center electrode.

The other 6 plugs were inline.

I bent the ground electrode so they lined up.

One plug the center electrode was inline with the edge of the ground electrode, no where near lining up with the center of the ground electrode and the iridium nodule.

This may not matter but I figured if the other 6 were in line that this is correct.

I can get anal about things sometimes.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRa-U27g6cf9RPvLtQ5BMi

:)

Edited by diyer2

Where did you get the plugs? I have purchased plugs online and counterfeit plugs arrived in the mail. I spotted the problem and did not use them. Turns out that there is a bunch of Chinese companies producing counterfeit parts, and they ship them to the USA to sell. The spark plug tips break off, and damage the engine.

Check out the video: 

https://www.local10.com/consumer/call-christina/feds-warn-of-counterfeit-auto-parts

march___counterfeit_parts___photo.587ce37770d61.jpg

28 (1).jpg

3286541616.jpg

Edited by starman8tdc
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, diyer2 said:

I put some new plugs in my truck yesterday.

AC Delco 41-110.

I noticed on 3 of the plugs that the center electrode and the ground electrode didn't line up.

I will try to explain.

If you hold the plug so you are looking at the electrodes I noticed the center electrode was not inline with the center of the ground electrode.

On the underside of the ground electrode there is a small nodule of iridium that I believe should line up with the center electrode.

The other 6 plugs were inline.

I bent the ground electrode so they lined up.

One plug the center electrode was inline with the edge of the ground electrode, no where near lining up with the center of the ground electrode and the iridium nodule.

This may not matter but I figured if the other 6 were in line that this is correct.

I can get anal about things sometimes.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRa-U27g6cf9RPvLtQ5BMi

:)

Correct I commented on this subject a while back when I noticed it too!  Not even close to being lined up the Positive and negative?  Quality plugs when they are to spec....But I got mine for 1.75$ pr plug so I got what I paid for I guess?

You paid $1.75 per plug for iridium's?  Yep, you got what you paid for.  Even decent copper plugs aren't that cheap.  I would say at that price, you likely got knock offs.  You might get lucky and they will work.ok, you might find yourself replacing them again soon.