Isn’t there a “discovered features” topic? There should be...

So I’m riding in my friend’s 2017 Silverado and he drops me off at a local business.  I pull the handle and of course it’s locked.   He told me to pull it a second tine.  Viola!   It unlocks the door on the second consecutive pull.   I had my wife try it in my truck this evening.   Yep.   Who knew?

besides the owners manual, I mean. 

Lol...  I remember when I first got my truck...  Backing into parking spots thinking it would be nice if the mirrors tilted down in reverse......   Was 2 months before I figured out it does if you turn that feature on ?

Yes there was a couple of earlier threads on this topic which is where I learned the double pull to unlock feature a couple of years ago.  Going back to some of the first threads on this generation of trucks will provide lots of information to those new to these trucks.

Holding down traction control button for about 10 seconds will turn off stability control as well. You're then good for one nice fish tail until you reach 35mph then it turns back on, traction stays off.

I do this sometimes getting out the car wash parking lot to the main road (when no other traffic is coming of course) Makes for a nice one two fish tail, especially with wet tires :)

31 minutes ago, Thomcat said:

Or all windows down by holding the unlock button on the second click.

my last two vehicles did this. i never used it.

although i also never even had to take the keys out of my pocket to get in or start them too. lol

Holding in the trailer button on the end of the stalk turns off the first stage grade braking for the full key start cycle , shifts smoother and coasts longer. Second stage grade braking in Z71s is unaffected.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FlipZ71 said:

Lol...  I remember when I first got my truck...  Backing into parking spots thinking it would be nice if the mirrors tilted down in reverse......   Was 2 months before I figured out it does if you turn that feature on ?

Edit, I checked the settings on my LT Z71 and I do not have this feature. it must only be on the models with power fold mirrors? I dunno. I wish I had the reverse tilt though.

Edited by aseibel

Here is the best trick ever:

In front of the passenger on the face of the dash is a handle.  Pull that and a small door will open (older folks call this a "glove box").

Inside that compartment you should find a thick white book.

Read it.

For you younger tech-savvy people you can also get a pdf version on the manufacturer's website.

• Haha 3