• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Etc4015
      So I currently have a 2009 Silverado 1500 with 285/65R18 tires and 18/8.5 wheels with a 2in leveling kit. Im wanting to lift it and get some bigger tires without having to buy new wheels since mine are about a year old. Would a 6in lift and 35s look stupid since the wheels are smaller?
    • By ATXSierra
      I've been lurking on the forum for a while, and have gained a lot of valuable information from everyone. I wish my first post was under better circumstances. I recently purchased a brand new 2018 GMC Sierra SLT with premium plus package. I've driven a Jeep for the past several years, and recently brought home a second german shorthaired pointer. It's hard to fit two kennels in a Jeep, let alone all of my hunting gear, so enter the truck. 

I was thrilled about the closeout deals on 2018 Sierras in my area, and here we are. It is a 5.3L with 8 speed auto. Yesterday I was driving home in traffic at about 50 mph. The truck currently has only 1000 miles. I see smoke out the back and begin losing power. Wound up in the center lane, still have oil pressure and engine is on... no power to the wheels in drive or reverse. Step out of the truck and see a long trail of fluid and then pool of red underneath the truck. I know its transmission. I called GM roadside and got a tow to the dealership in about an hour (kudos GM.)

This morning they get the truck into service and initially tell me it is a blown transmission cooler line. They state that they have ordered a new line and will throw that on there with new fluid and all will be good as new. 

What are your thoughts? I don't know how long I drove before the failure of the cooler line, but anticipate not very far given how fast it drained dry. I've already lost trust in this truck, and curious how to ensure either satisfactory repair or replacement. A new hose and flush, without opening the trans, makes me nervous. What potential damage could happen to the transmission in this circumstance? Thanks, y'all.

• By Crazyjoker77
      Never been much of a truck guy and always been into more performance orientated vehicles but I really liked the looks of this generation and trim and one came up that was optioned perfectly and I made a lowball offer that they accepted so I now own a truck.  I am very much a car guy and have a few vehicles/projects.  As such I didn't really plan on modding the truck at all but obviously that did not happen.  However I don't plan on doing any real performance mods to it and most mods I've done to date have cost <100$.

The truck right after I purchased it before anything was ever done to it.

• By Gorehamj

John Goreham
      Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com
      12-17-2018

GMC has just released details of its 2019 Sierra AT4 off-road performance package. The AT4 is not new, it was launched earlier this year along with other trim packages. GMC is now adding a Performance Package to the AT4. To the already impressive list of AT4 features, GMC includes the following on the Performance Package:
      - 6.2L V-8 engine mated to 10-speed automatic transmission.
      - 18-inch machined aluminum wheels with Goodyear Wrangler DuraTrac tires.
      - Cat-Back Performance Exhaust System.
      - Performance Air Intake.

These changes add 15 horsepower and 9 lb-ft of torque to a Sierra equipped with a conventional 6.2L V-8. Power is now 435 horsepower and torque is 469 lb-ft. The 6.2L has recently been named a Wards 10 Best Engine for 2019. 

The AT4 package includes the following content:
      Standard 2-inch factory-installed suspension lift.
      Standard 4WD with a two-speed transfer case, locking rear differential and skid plates.
      Standard off-road-tuned Rancho monotube shock absorbers.
      Standard Hill Descent Control.
      Standard Traction Select System.
      Standard GMC exclusive, industry-first MultiPro Tailgate.
      Standard black chrome finish on the fog lamp bezels, fender surround and grille insert.
      Standard body-color grille surround, door handles and bumper.
      Standard exclusive athletic interior trim elements.
      Standard red vertical recovery hooks.
      Available segment-first Multi-Color Head-Up Display.
      Available segment-first Rear Camera Mirror.
      Available GMC-exclusive, industry-first Carbon Fiber Pickup Box.
      A full suite of advanced available safety features including Surround Vision, Lane Change Alert with Side Blind Zone Alert, Front Pedestrian Braking and Low Speed Forward Automatic Braking.

GMC says that the Sierra AT4 Off-Road Performance Package is priced at $4,940 and is on sale now.