Zane

Official 2019 5.3L & 6.2L V8 Engine Specs Are Here

On 5/18/2018 at 2:09 PM, Chainesaw said:

I wish they would - that's the truck I WANT - but no one is offering anything like it.. I was really hoping this year would be the year.... guess I'm keeping my '15 6.2L  - Don't _love_ the new look and with the same HP rating, there really is no reason to trade up. 

10 spd trans is going to make it quicker. Better fuel Econ and 450 lbs lighter. That’s quite the change though. At least they didn’t reduce power like the leaked numbers showed. 

23 hours ago, kilowhiskey said:

I think the 10 spd will be amazing. They co developed it with ford. 

Yes the mechanical parts are the same as the ford but unfortunately they do not have the same programming.  I am not sure how Ford does with their trans programming but GM cannot make a truck to shift right.  The trans could be a good trans be it 6, 8 or 10 speed but its their programming that gives them a bad rep.  I drove my friends 2017 ram and the 8 speed in his is flawless.  It is always in the gear it should be there is no hesitating when you stomp on it no clunks into a gear and it doesn't appear to have torque management.  The power is there when you want it.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2018 at 5:41 AM, Payton34 said:

Yes the mechanical parts are the same as the ford but unfortunately they do not have the same programming.  I am not sure how Ford does with their trans programming but GM cannot make a truck to shift right.  The trans could be a good trans be it 6, 8 or 10 speed but its their programming that gives them a bad rep.  I drove my friends 2017 ram and the 8 speed in his is flawless.  It is always in the gear it should be there is no hesitating when you stomp on it no clunks into a gear and it doesn't appear to have torque management.  The power is there when you want it.

Truth be told. That’s one of the reasons I got rid of my rig. The 8 spd didn’t act right at all! I HATE dodge, but you’re right, their trans shift amazing. Not too sure if you’ve driven the f150, but it’s one of the smoothest trucks I’ve ever driven. I hope these new chevys can compete. 

Maybe a stupid question but, is the power steering electric and when did that happen?

On 6/3/2018 at 10:21 AM, sparky5022 said:

Maybe a stupid question but, is the power steering electric and when did that happen?

Started on the K2XX models (2014...1/2 tons only).

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Chris.Green
      I bought a 2015 Silverado 1500 lt double cab 5.3L V8 4x4 with 12,000 miles on it a couple months ago. It now has just under 20k miles and when I went to check the oil there where metal shavings on the end of the dipstick. Concerningly big metal shavings. I brought it in to my local GM dealer and they told me that it's from the dipstick scraping on the dipstick tube. They didnt run any tests on it they just drained it and looked in the oil itself and didnt find any shavings (so they said). Which sounded a little shady to me so I started looking to see if anyone else had this problem and I found a few cases similar but not enough for me to come to a solid conclusion. The pickup runs great and I dont hear or feel any problems but any insight would be greatly appreciated. I thought about sending a sample to be tested myself but I dont know of any good company's near me that do it. Any recommendations on that would great too. Thanks

• By z1boss
      Just got my tailgate Chevrolet decal installed yesterday at the dealer.

• By z1boss
      Selling my 2014-2015 Blacked Out OEM Silverado Grille & Bowtie. $250 OBO

• By ChevyRoofer
      I'm looking to see if anyone knows of anyone who has swapped a LS engine into a GM 2014-2018 1500 series truck.  Most likely with the 6L80.
      Can anyone point me in the right direction?  Looking to do this with a LS3, more specifically one from TSP.

Been coming up with a new daily driver truck build for myself in the next 1-2 years.
      Little info for anyone who is interested/wants to suggest anything.

Engine/Trans:
      LS3 from TSP w/ 550-600 HP @ Crank 
      102mm throttle body
      ARH LT Headers
      Electric cutout for exhaust dump
      CAI Intake
      TSP, Borla, or Corsa Catback exhaust
      Custom Driveshaft?
      Circle D Torque converter
      6L80 with 4.10/4.56 Yukon Gears

Build truck:
      2016 GMC Sierra SLT/Denali 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 or 2WD