Official 2019 5.3L & 6.2L V8 Engine Specs Are Here

Zane

On 5/18/2018 at 2:09 PM, Chainesaw said:

I wish they would - that's the truck I WANT - but no one is offering anything like it.. I was really hoping this year would be the year.... guess I'm keeping my '15 6.2L  - Don't _love_ the new look and with the same HP rating, there really is no reason to trade up. 

10 spd trans is going to make it quicker. Better fuel Econ and 450 lbs lighter. That’s quite the change though. At least they didn’t reduce power like the leaked numbers showed. 

23 hours ago, kilowhiskey said:

I think the 10 spd will be amazing. They co developed it with ford. 

Yes the mechanical parts are the same as the ford but unfortunately they do not have the same programming.  I am not sure how Ford does with their trans programming but GM cannot make a truck to shift right.  The trans could be a good trans be it 6, 8 or 10 speed but its their programming that gives them a bad rep.  I drove my friends 2017 ram and the 8 speed in his is flawless.  It is always in the gear it should be there is no hesitating when you stomp on it no clunks into a gear and it doesn't appear to have torque management.  The power is there when you want it.

• Like 1

On 5/24/2018 at 5:41 AM, Payton34 said:

Yes the mechanical parts are the same as the ford but unfortunately they do not have the same programming.  I am not sure how Ford does with their trans programming but GM cannot make a truck to shift right.  The trans could be a good trans be it 6, 8 or 10 speed but its their programming that gives them a bad rep.  I drove my friends 2017 ram and the 8 speed in his is flawless.  It is always in the gear it should be there is no hesitating when you stomp on it no clunks into a gear and it doesn't appear to have torque management.  The power is there when you want it.

Truth be told. That’s one of the reasons I got rid of my rig. The 8 spd didn’t act right at all! I HATE dodge, but you’re right, their trans shift amazing. Not too sure if you’ve driven the f150, but it’s one of the smoothest trucks I’ve ever driven. I hope these new chevys can compete. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Please help i am trying to do a large audio system in my 2019 truck. That being said i need to add a 2nd alternator with this new stretch belt  i can not do that i need to know what it would take to convert this to a 2018 set up with a tensioner.  Thanks