Discovered! Features you may not have known about...

15 hours ago, new2chevy said:

How would the truck know what pressure the tires should be set at?

It’s programmed in the computer but if you have a scanner that’s can go in all the computer systems 

like a snap-on etc you can change the tire press to what ever you want in the ecu so if you like to run at a lower pressure the low tire light won’t come on until you are 5-7 pounds below what you set it at 

1 hour ago, Packers774 said:

Does anyone know how to turn the driving lights off? I hate having headlights on during the daytime...

Turn the headlight knob to the left once and it will shut off , switch will roll back , DIC will say auto lights off , repeat to turn back on,.... this will have to be done after every start

4 hours ago, Artie61 said:

Turn the headlight knob to the left once and it will shut off , switch will roll back , DIC will say auto lights off , repeat to turn back on,.... this will have to be done after every start

Or you can get inside the headlight switch and remove the spring that keeps them on auto. Takes about 10 minutes 

• 2 weeks later...

Lock your truck with the remote. Go inside and put the remote on the table. Go back outside with just the key and unlock the door with the key. Lights will flash and horn will blow until you start the truck. Found this out the hard way.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 11:00 AM, taps929 said:

If you press and hold the tow button on your shifter, it shuts down the anti coast feature on the transmission. Not sure if this has been posted yet...

How would you turn it back on, it seems like my truck does not coast, I do a lot of highway miles and would like my truck to coast easier.  I have accidently hit the tow button before but not sure if it shut down the coast feature

5 minutes ago, GRUMPE said:

How would you turn it back on, it seems like my truck does not coast, I do a lot of highway miles and would like my truck to coast easier.  I have accidently hit the tow button before but not sure if it shut down the coast feature

Press and hold the tow button till the message comes in in your center screen. Press and hold to turn it back on. 

2 hours ago, Cheverado said:

Lock your truck with the remote. Go inside and put the remote on the table. Go back outside with just the key and unlock the door with the key. Lights will flash and horn will blow until you start the truck. Found this out the hard way.

I often want to lock my key fob inside the truck and just have my key with me (like if I'm going for a run or something). It took me a while to figure out how to get around this horn issue and be able to just use the key without the key fob.

You have to be in the truck with the doors closed, turn off the engine, press the door lock button on the door panel (left arm rest), open the door, get out and close the door, and then manually lock the door with the key from the outside. The horn will not go off when you return and open the door with the key.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Mileguru said:

I often want to lock my key fob inside the truck and just have my key with me (like if I'm going for a run or something). It took me a while to figure out how to get around this horn issue and be able to just use the key without the key fob.

You have to be in the truck with the doors closed, turn off the engine, press the door lock button on the door panel (left arm rest), open the door, get out and close the door, and then manually lock the door with the key from the outside. The horn will not go off when you return and open the door with the key.

Thank you...I always wondered why it toots when you unlock it with the key, it is the key to the truck after all. 

On 5/25/2018 at 11:25 AM, vdistefano said:

Sadly, what i have found is if you have a 14 ltz it DOES NOT have the roll down feature. Which blows. VW has been doing this stuff for years and has a roll up feature. kinda lame the rest of the world hasnt caught on. ALso, personal gripe(kinda like not squeezing from the bottom of the tube) why is the driver window the only full auto? why not all? is it really that hard to do? I think it would be REALLY nice if you could one touch up the other 3 windows instead of having to hold them.

I agree about the all auto feature. My wife’s Camary has it and my 4Runner I just sold had it. Such a small thing but I really loved it. 

I agree about the all auto feature. My wife’s Camary has it and my 4Runner I just sold had it. Such a small thing but I really loved it. 
I saw on a video on YouTube Somebody demonstrating the GMC Sierra 2019 and it showed him using the key fob to lower all the windows at once, but he had a very difficult time figuring out how to raise all the windows at once so there must be an all auto feature on the new trucks maybe on the higher end trim levels. Sad yes because my old 1998 Mercedes ghetto hooptie car has all auto down all auto up. It's a Sierra Denali but I use it a hundred percent for work

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I didn’t realize that if you repeatedly hit the radio button, it will cycle through AM,FM and XM. Stupid me was fumbling through the screen or asking the GM assistant to tune the radio for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Gotta be kidding lol thx i always struggled with this lol

27 minutes ago, KJS Sullivan said:

I saw on a video on YouTube Somebody demonstrating the GMC Sierra 2019 and it showed him using the key fob to lower all the windows at once, but he had a very difficult time figuring out how to raise all the windows at once so there must be an all auto feature on the new trucks maybe on the higher end trim levels. Sad yes because my old 1998 Mercedes ghetto hooptie car has all auto down all auto up. It's a Sierra Denali but I use it a hundred percent for work

That works on my 2017. Press and hold the unlock button on the fob and all windows open. Unfortunately there is no way to close them all again other than manually. This has been discussed on here several times.

• Like 1