Discovered! Features you may not have known about...

Just press the forward/back button on your steering wheel. Same ones that you use to skip songs. It'll start playing without needing to touch the screen. You can also hit the buttons on the dash and it'll start playing as well.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Thanks for the insight. I could see how that would work to Play songs. My use case is more for listening to audio books. Forward then Back would reset the chapter I’m on and I’m more interested in Pausing without touching the screen. I know I can mute with the buttons on the steering wheel, but that’s no good for me either while listening to audio books.

Doesn’t seem like there’s an alternative to using the touch screen, which I prefer not to be reaching for while driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, Snow Shovel said:

Eureka!  I have found it!

I found the setting in the truck that enables the mirrors to fold with the fob.  I also found a setting called “reverse mirror tilt”.  Put the transmission in reverse and the side mirror tilts down to give you a better view of the area to the rear of the truck.  It really doesn’t make much of a difference, especially with how I have the mirrors set up.  But its all cool.  I’ll continue to play with it.

What year do u have?

7 hours ago, Snow Shovel said:

Eureka!  I have found it!

I found the setting in the truck that enables the mirrors to fold with the fob.  I also found a setting called “reverse mirror tilt”.  Put the transmission in reverse and the side mirror tilts down to give you a better view of the area to the rear of the truck.  It really doesn’t make much of a difference, especially with how I have the mirrors set up.  But its all cool.  I’ll continue to play with it.

45 minutes ago, KJS Sullivan said:

What year do u have?

This works on my '14 Sierra

Thanks for the insight. I could see how that would work to Play songs. My use case is more for listening to audio books. Forward then Back would reset the chapter I’m on and I’m more interested in Pausing without touching the screen. I know I can mute with the buttons on the steering wheel, but that’s no good for me either while listening to audio books.

Doesn’t seem like there’s an alternative to using the touch screen, which I prefer not to be reaching for while driving.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ah, ok. I skipped the part where you said pause the track. Haha.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Roscopcoletrain said:

go into settings, radio, manage favorites. Can delete them in there

I did that last night, & it deletes the radio station, but leaves an empty button on the main display.  Favorite button quantity is set to automatic, would have thought it would have removed the empty ones.  Thoughts?

Thanks

7 hours ago, samckitt said:

I did that last night, & it deletes the radio station, but leaves an empty button on the main display.  Favorite button quantity is set to automatic, would have thought it would have removed the empty ones.  Thoughts?

Thanks

On that same screen just drag-and-drop to reorder your Favorites.  It doesn't remove the blank buttons but you can move them to the end of the list and you won't see them (unless the last screen shows some because of the Automatic setting).

I'm  not sure if this is a discovered feature or if I am just losing my mind. ? Just as I pulled into my driveway a chime went off and when I looked down I noticed the low fuel light was on and also the gauges on top were highlighted in red. I don't often drive at night nor let the low fuel light come on so I'm not sure if those gauges are always highlighted red and I just never noticed or if it's something connected to low fuel. ? (I guess I'll see when  I fuel up on Monday!) 

IMG_2166.thumb.JPG.b8478afb4d8e78ef97e8dfced7b8280d.JPG

Another thing I didn't realize until I had to take the side panel off is that you can adjust the height of the shoulder belt (also found those mechanisms are one source of my many annoying rattles) 

BTW, thanks to the member who posted about holding the unlock button down on the key fob to roll the windows down remotely.  ? That's a feature I will use often for sure now that I know about it! 

Found out today that I can change the map view by repeatedly pushing the NAV button while the map is displayed.  It cycles between travel direction up, North up and 3D view.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 hours ago, 71_340 said:

Found out today that I can change the map view by repeatedly pushing the NAV button while the map is displayed.  It cycles between travel direction up, North up and 3D view.

I discovered that if you put the key they gave you into the little slot by the steering wheel and turn the motor starts. I think there's something in the manual about that too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 10/9/2018 at 8:16 PM, 71_340 said:

I actually found this useful ! who reads a manual and retains everything there ? if you are not looking for something specific ! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...