Discovered! Features you may not have known about...

In M5 and once between 48 and 53 place in cruise and select tow mode then select M6. Tow will hold the transmission in 5th but the AFM is reactivated. Weird and not many will likely use it but in hilly country on secondary roads I find it useful. The range may vary a bit with final drive ratio. Mine is 3.23 FYI. 

• Like 1

Fellow member THOMCAT listed this one in the original thread and I use it constantly now.  I don't drive aggressively, and like to coast a lot, drive "ahead" and try to avoid braking when possible, etc. so I'm overly conscious of any shift vibrations/hesitations/rough shifts/etc.   This tip REALLY helps me feel better about my tranny and how long it feels like it will last.  Although I have yet to research the difference between 1st and 2nd stage braking (is it speed related?) ........ and I'd LOVE to figure out how to make this a switchable feature so I didn't have to do it each time I start up.

"Holding in the trailer button on the end of the stalk turns off the first stage grade braking for the full key start cycle , shifts smoother and coasts longer. Second stage grade braking in Z71s is unaffected."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/19/2018 at 8:30 AM, newdude said:

Not quite Silverado/Sierra related but, 2015+Up Colorado/Canyon crew cab.  The backs of the rear seats fold down.  Just found that out last Sunday LOL.  Fold the headrests down, and pull the straps on each split of the seat and boom. 

Wow, thanks, I had no idea. Nice to have a little little extra storage behind there for thin small stuff.

Tyler

On 5/23/2018 at 5:23 AM, emeryz28 said:

hold down the unlock button on the keyfob and all 4 windows roll down

No way to roll up with fob? 

I like the auto down feature and was showing it off but then had to get in truck and roll up with switches. 

On 5/21/2018 at 2:00 PM, Cjmooch said:

For those who like to drift in the snow or need to turn off the traction control in sticky situations, hold down the traction control for about 5 seconds and the stabilitrak will also turn off, which turns off the traction control "even more". If stabilitrak is still on it will not let the wheels spin freely. This also works for other trucks as well, especially fords. This came in handy for the rental in colorado for doing donuts in the parking lot haha

Leave it to the Texan to come up here and act out in our “ parking lots “. ?

to keep within the rules of the thread. On my fifteen when I fuel, the hook inside the gas door on which you can hang the gas cap- hold the cap perpendicular to the ground and hang the very edge of the cap’s lip on the hook, it fits perfectly and sits securely, rather than sticking the threaded part on the hook.

Edited by Darksky
  • Like 1

Wow, thanks, I had no idea. Nice to have a little little extra storage behind there for thin small stuff.

Tyler

Wait, they fold down too? I thought the bottoms only folded up. I have a '17 I need to try this on. Was looking for a place for things like gloves, straps etc.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Edit: dang, not for us. Apparently some tabs can be trimmed though? Dunno. Be nice is someone made a conversion kit.

No way to roll up with fob? 

I like the auto down feature and was showing it off but then had to get in truck and roll up with switches. 
In Texas that would be nice... Press and hold lock, windows roll up and sunroof closes. I was actually looking into the app development for the Chevy My link to see if I could 'hack this in'.

• Like 1

In Texas that would be nice... Press and hold lock, windows roll up and sunroof closes. I was actually looking into the app development for the Chevy My link to see if I could 'hack this in'.

Since they roll down with the fob I don’t see a reason why they couldn’t have programmed in a rollup feature sunroof and rear slider window included would be nice.

Probably will be on the mid cycle re-fresh next gen. LOL
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Sierra Dan said:

anyone know if the Window down feature works on a 2014?

Sadly, what i have found is if you have a 14 ltz it DOES NOT have the roll down feature. Which blows. VW has been doing this stuff for years and has a roll up feature. kinda lame the rest of the world hasnt caught on. ALso, personal gripe(kinda like not squeezing from the bottom of the tube) why is the driver window the only full auto? why not all? is it really that hard to do? I think it would be REALLY nice if you could one touch up the other 3 windows instead of having to hold them.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, vdistefano said:

ALso, personal gripe(kinda like not squeezing from the bottom of the tube) why is the driver window the only full auto? why not all? is it really that hard to do? I think it would be REALLY nice if you could one touch up the other 3 windows instead of having to hold them.

All 4 do go down on my '17........not sure when that started.  Maybe it's configurable, but I've never looked.