Discovered! Features you may not have known about...

On 1/21/2019 at 11:37 AM, Austin Schiller said:

Flipping through and havent seen this yet. It's nothing new seeing as my 04 Silverado had this, but when you lock your truck (with the horn enabled on the 2nd lock) and the horn doesn't sound that means a door isn't shut. My GF gives me crap for making the horn sound everytime I lock it, but a few times a door wasnt shut and the horn didnt blow so I knew something was wrong. Simple things make life easier.

Can confirm, on my 2015 Silverado LTZ, lights will flash but horn will NOT sound if a door is open. 

38 minutes ago, CadillacLuke24 said:

Can confirm, on my 2015 Silverado LTZ, lights will flash but horn will NOT sound if a door is open. 

I’m gonna dig through the OM and see if I can turn the horn off when locking/arming alarm! Sometimes I work long hours and that horn is loud for the neighborhood.

• Like 1

You certainly can! In settings on the Infotainment system, there is an option ( I forget under which menu, I think it is vehicle>locks or something like that), and you can select from lights, horn, or both when you hit the lock button. 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, SS502 said:

I’m gonna dig through the OM and see if I can turn the horn off when locking/arming alarm! Sometimes I work long hours and that horn is loud for the neighborhood.

If I press my lock button once, the horn won't sound and the vehicle will fully arm in 30 seconds (it is still protected in those 30secs according to the manual).  If I press the lock button twice, the horn will sound and the truck will be fully armed immediately.   It usually takes me more than 30 seconds to get into my house so I'm not concerned about the short period of reduced protection.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Donstar said:

If I press my lock button once, the horn won't sound and the vehicle will fully arm in 30 seconds (it is still protected in those 30secs according to the manual).  If I press the lock button twice, the horn will sound and the truck will be fully armed immediately.   It usually takes me more than 30 seconds to get into my house so I'm not concerned about the short period of reduced protection.

Thank you Sir...will try this...my neighbors thank you too ?

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Donstar said:

Hey Donstar! I just went and did as you said and it worked perfectly!! Thank you so much, saved me from breaking out the OM ??

• Like 1

Does anyone know if there is a way to have the heated steering wheel turn on with remote start?
2018 Silverado LTZ
Tom

Sadly no as no module directly controls it. I believe it does on the 2019 though as it’s bcm controlled over LIN finally like it should have been the whole time lol
  • Thanks 1

This has been around a while, but still a great feature if you're going to park your truck for an extended period and would like to save your battery -

Transport Mode

To turn the Transport Mode On/Off, it will be necessary to start the vehicle, activate the hazard flashers, press the brake pedal (automatic transmission) or clutch pedal (manual transmission) then press and hold the Start/Stop button or turn the ignition key to the crank position for 15 seconds. (The engine will turn OFF on push button vehicles.) The same steps are used to turn on the feature.

After the Transport Mode is enabled or disabled a message will appear in the DIC.
Edited by Sierra_Hondo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 4:44 PM, Fuelie said:

Does anyone know if there is a way to have the heated steering wheel turn on with remote start?

2018 Silverado LTZ

Tom

I wish it would in my '14 also.

I hate that the rear window defroster comes on though.

No doubt that contributes to some of the reported exploding back windows.

I have never once had ice buildup on my rear window or even used my rear defroster anyway.

15 hours ago, mitchely03 said:

Did you know you cant remote start with the flashers on?

I tried the other day, wouldn't work with the doors locked, unlocked, open door. Have to turn off the 4 ways.

Yes, anything associated with the safety system, CEL's, hood open, door open, will disable it.