Discovered! Features you may not have known about...

When u lock the doors with your remote, you can’t just push the button on the door to unlock the truck from the inside. The switch won’t work. I guess it’s part of the theft deterrent system. (Can’t put a coat hanger thru the window and hit the button) 

• Like 1

On 4/4/2019 at 8:27 PM, wforrest08 said:

This is the way my 015 1/2 ton works if I leave the cargo light “on” it lights up (dash switch and cargo light) when placed in reverse then goes out when shifted out of reverse. Will also come back “on” when shifted into park.

yes my 17 works the same. I wish it could be toggled on to turn off when locked , like the perimeter lights 

• 3 weeks later...

Reading through the manual, at work tonight (slow night), and if you tap the turn signal, it will flash three times, BUT if you tap the turn signal in "tow/haul mode," it will flash six times.

P.175-176

"Raise or lower the lever for less than one second until the arrow starts to flash to signal a lane change. This causes the turn signals to automatically flash three times. It will flash six times, if Tow/Haul Mode is active. Holding the turn signal lever for more than one second will cause the turn signals to flash until the lever is released."

If I'm playing a playlist off of my thumb drive, it will not continue playing when I restart my vehicle.    My '15 would continue playing where it left off, but my '18 won't.  :mad: 

Edited by Ravenkeeper
Corrected statement, thanks Brummie99 for catching that.

8 hours ago, Ravenkeeper said:

Reading through the manual, at work tonight (slow night), and if you tap the turn signal, it will flash three times, BUT if you tap the turn signal with a trailer connected, it will flash six times.

If I'm playing a playlist off of my thumb drive, it will not continue playing when I restart my vehicle.    My '15 would continue playing where it left off, but my '18 won't.  :mad: 

My 18 picks up where it left off, but...

It is hit and miss if it remembers to keep the "shuffle on"

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Ravenkeeper said:

My "shuffle" randomly turns off too.

Ditto. 

Also, it doesn’t play nicely when you have an SD card full of music in the SD card slot either. USB works much better. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TCSpeedy said:

Ditto. 

Also, it doesn’t play nicely when you have an SD card full of music in the SD card slot either. USB works much better. 

I've posted on this before, but my '17 will randomly drop all my USB playlists and such from my favorites.  No apparent rhyme or reason . . .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nick The Great said:

I've posted on this before, but my '17 will randomly drop all my USB playlists and such from my favorites.  No apparent rhyme or reason . . .

Does it find them again? Or do they stay lost? I haven’t had anything lost, but it will occasionally stop randomizing when playing off a USB stick. All I do is turn shuffle off and back on again. 

As far as the SD card...  sometimes it will just pick one song and play that. ONLY that. Over and over. 

The whole story is the USB stick works pretty well, but occasionally stops randomizing. I just turn off random and turn it back on. It’s my preferred media for its consistency. 

SD plays it’s own game...  sometimes it works fine (like the USB stick), sometimes it picks a song and sticks with it (even if it’s Selfie by the Chainsmokers)...

The USB and SD each have their own icon but when scrolling through My Media Library with the “Media” button, there is one setting that is a musical note as an icon and I have no idea which media device it’s pulling the song from, so I can only assume it’s using them all, but not sure. (Both the USB and SD have the identical song list because this is somewhat experimental)...

16 hours ago, TCSpeedy said:

Does it find them again? Or do they stay lost? I haven’t had anything lost, but it will occasionally stop randomizing when playing off a USB stick. All I do is turn shuffle off and back on again. 

As far as the SD card...  sometimes it will just pick one song and play that. ONLY that. Over and over. 

Not that I've noticed.  They're gone gone.  It's the same whether it's an "Album," "Artist," or "Playlist."

It seems to be worse if I've playing off the USB drive and shut the truck off.  But not every time, though.  

On ‎4‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 10:26 PM, Ravenkeeper said:

Reading through the manual, at work tonight (slow night), and if you tap the turn signal, it will flash three times, BUT if you tap the turn signal with a trailer connected, it will flash six times.

According to my manual, the 6-flash is triggered by enabling tow/haul mode. This occurs whether or not a trailer is connected.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Brummie99 said:

According to my manual, the 6-flash is triggered by enabling tow/haul mode. This occurs whether or not a trailer is connected.

Thanks for catching that, corrected it.

• 2 weeks later...

From how I understand that feature it’s temperature dependent. So the heated seats will only turn on when it’s cold and the ventilated one’s when it’s hot, when the vehicle starts. Maybe it hasn’t been hot enough yet? Not sure about your area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk