Discovered! Features you may not have known about...

On 5/14/2019 at 3:15 AM, Maximus344 said:

I see a setting that I can have the ventilated seats turn on with remote start in my 2018.....They never turn on though. Is there a trick to this or am I misunderstanding the feature?

On 5/14/2019 at 3:40 AM, slide187 said:

From how I understand that feature it’s temperature dependent. So the heated seats will only turn on when it’s cold and the ventilated one’s when it’s hot, when the vehicle starts. Maybe it hasn’t been hot enough yet? Not sure about your area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not only temperature dependent, but also weight dependent.  With no one in the seat, the heater(s) will not seem to heat the seat.  As for "cooling," even on HOT days, I don't ever hear them running during remote start.

Not only temperature dependent, but also weight dependent.  With no one in the seat, the heater(s) will not seem to heat the seat.  As for "cooling," even on HOT days, I don't ever hear them running during remote start.

Nah my seat heaters definitely turn on with no one in the truck when I remote start. So far it’s done it every time I’ve used it under 55 degrees. They don’t go super hot, but you can definitely tell they were on during autostart when it’s first thing in the morning and it feels like someone’s been sitting in them for a few hrs. I don’t have the ventilated seats, so idk but it def works on my heated seats.

• Like 1

On 5/14/2019 at 6:15 AM, Maximus344 said:

I see a setting that I can have the ventilated seats turn on with remote start in my 2018.....They never turn on though. Is there a trick to this or am I misunderstanding the feature?

During remote start the lights on the switches will not come on but the ventilation should actually be on.  After you get in the truck and start it the seat heaters/ventilation turn off and you need to manually turn them back on with the switches.  I don't know why GM designed it this way but it's normal operation and has been like that for years (it is all explained in the owners manual).

• Like 1

The vented seats should come on but as sk says, no lights will be on and since the seats are only vented ( not actually cooled as previous model years were) it only circulates the hot cabin air so it will be hard to tell if they are working in remote start. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sir Dan said:

The vented seats should come on but as sk says, no lights will be on and since the seats are only vented ( not actually cooled as previous model years were) it only circulates the hot cabin air so it will be hard to tell if they are working in remote start. 

The seats did indeed work that way. I was paying close attention to it this past weekend. Thanks for everyone's input.

Weird to me that the one touch start cycle for the key is a new thing for GM. I’ve always thought it was a “truck thing”. All the trucks I’ve had had it except my ram Diesel. (And I thought that was just cuzza the glow plugs). But my ram hemi did it, and our old Dodge Avenger didn’t. My 15 Toyota Tundra did it and none of the newer Toyota cars that still have a key do it. So on my 18 Sierra I just used the key as I usually do and that does it too, haha but I never thought anything of it. and NOW I’m thinking “you frigging BETTER do that, nicest truck I’ve ever had. Esp since you STILL aren’t on board with the push-button start. [emoji849]”

On 5/30/2019 at 6:50 PM, Philntx said:

My 17 LTZ shuts off park assist when I tow my 16' trailer.

On 5/30/2019 at 8:12 PM, alkrisma said:

park assist automatically turned off while driving with tailgate down

My 2015 does both of these as well ...

New member and 1st post:

2018 SLT... Using the "presets" on the radio, I learned that you can "swipe up" to display more presets on the screen and you can also "swipe left/right" if you have the settings to show more presets.

Edited by rws06
added text

43 minutes ago, rws06 said:

New member and 1st post:

2018 SLT... Using the "presets" on the radio, I learned that you can "swipe up" to display more presets on the screen and you can also "swipe left/right" if you have the settings to show more presets.

...and you can swipe left from the middle of the main screen to send the display to the driver info centre screen!

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, rws06 said:

New member and 1st post:

...and you can swipe left from the middle of the main screen to send the display to the driver info centre screen!

On 5/27/2019 at 6:44 AM, slide187 said:

Weird to me that the one touch start cycle for the key is a new thing for GM. I’ve always thought it was a “truck thing”. All the trucks I’ve had had it except my ram Diesel. (And I thought that was just cuzza the glow plugs). But my ram hemi did it, and our old Dodge Avenger didn’t. My 15 Toyota Tundra did it and none of the newer Toyota cars that still have a key do it. So on my 18 Sierra I just used the key as I usually do and that does it too, haha but I never thought anything of it. and NOW I’m thinking “you frigging BETTER do that, nicest truck I’ve ever had. Esp since you STILL aren’t on board with the push-button start. emoji849.png

My previous truck was a '04 F150 FX4 which definitely didn't have it; only learned about it with the F550 at work.  I had the push button start in my '14 Ram Laramie... soooo glad my '16 doesn't have it, I may not have bought it if it did.  Push button start and keyless entry is all well and good until the truck doesn't recognize the fob... had to get 2 new fobs and 2 sets of batteries for said fobs in 10k miles on that truck (which of course requires dealer visits).  I'll take an actual key... and wish those keys didn't have these damn chips in them so I could make copies at the hardware store!  Amazed though that in '16 GM has a separate fob from the metal key and not a once-piece unit like my '03 E46... double the things dangling off my key chain is obnoxious.