Discovered! Features you may not have known about...

53 minutes ago, kevinfranklin said:

All 4 do go down on my '17........not sure when that started.  Maybe it's configurable, but I've never looked.

My 17 Sierra they all have auto down but the driver side front is the only one with the auto up. The other 3 windows you have to keep holding the switch until they are all the way rolled up.

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, kevinfranklin said:

All 4 do go down on my '17........not sure when that started.  Maybe it's configurable, but I've never looked.

It is a programmable feature but not on the 14 anywhere that I have done research so far. And I have been through all my menu you items twice now with no mention of it anywhere. They may have started in 14 but I have this feeling that if you have the sliding power window and it's a 14....you're screwed hahaha

And I meant this for when using the fob to roll all the windows down. 

19 hours ago, Fix29 said:

My 17 Sierra they all have auto down but the driver side front is the only one with the auto up. The other 3 windows you have to keep holding the switch until they are all the way rolled up.

My '17 Silvy has all 4 auto down and up. I found this out by pinching my rotties ear , thought I just bumped it up a few inches but went auto and got him. He wasnt too happy with me.

• Haha 1

It is a programmable feature but not on the 14 anywhere that I have done research so far. And I have been through all my menu you items twice now with no mention of it anywhere. They may have started in 14 but I have this feeling that if you have the sliding power window and it's a 14....you're screwed hahaha

And I meant this for when using the fob to roll all the windows down. 

Mines a 2015.5 and it has it, must have started somewhere in between yours and mine.

Hooksets are free...

On 5/19/2018 at 8:23 AM, Skeeter McSkeet said:

This is probably a fairly obvious one, but it’s been asked about many times.

Power fold mirrors inward by holding the lock button on your key fob a couple seconds on the second click.

Edit to keep from adding another post:

Hold unlock for couple seconds on second click of the fob to roll windows down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On my 18 Sierra actually you just need to hold down the lock button on the key fab and the doors will simultaneously lock and the mirrors will fold. You dont need to double tap. Think same is true on open. Haven't tested to see if all four windows will roll down when I hold the unlock button yet.

• Like 1

On my 18 Sierra actually you just need to hold down the lock button on the key fab and the doors will simultaneously lock and the mirrors will fold. You dont need to double tap. Think same is true on open. Haven't tested to see if all four windows will roll down when I hold the unlock button yet.
Make certain you enable these features in the nav settings! You can disable them. Took me a few hours to figure that out.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 5/25/2018 at 12:20 PM, 2009GMC said:

Since they roll down with the fob I don’t see a reason why they couldn’t have programmed in a rollup feature sunroof and rear slider window included would be nice.

Probably will be on the mid cycle re-fresh next gen. LOL

Safety feature

• Like 1

For those with the "Off-road" screen on the Diver Information Center (DIC) that shows the 4WD mode and tilt/incline...It will also show which wheels have lost traction by changing from green to orange and flashing.  Kinda neat

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

On 5/19/2018 at 7:35 AM, Skeeter McSkeet said:

Hands free text With an iPhone. Must have phone synced with the truck.

you can press and hold the voice button on the steering wheel for a couple seconds until you hear the phone beep.

Then you can tell Siri to “text (insert contact name here)”.

She’ll ask what you want to say, you tell her.

She’ll read what you said back to you, and ask if you want to send.

You can say yes, or you can say edit if you want to change the text. Or you can say cancel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This one is a gem!. I was thinking I was going to have to do an HMI upgrade to a 2016+ to get this feature but tried it in my 15 2500 and it worked! You just saved me a lot of money. Also works with Android by the way.

Edited by corwest
  • Like 1

Probably well known as most trucks have it, but I’ll throw it out there anyway, as it was a “so that’s what that is for” moment for me back in the day.

Rear seats flipped up you’ll notice a couple plastic clips on the bottom of the seats. These are to secure grocery bags, or other things of that nature. Not sure if double cab has them as I’ve never looked under the seats, crew cab for sure has them.

Hooksets are free...

• Like 1

On 6/3/2018 at 7:03 AM, Sir Dan said:

For those with the "Off-road" screen on the Diver Information Center (DIC) that shows the 4WD mode and tilt/incline...It will also show which wheels have lost traction by changing from green to orange and flashing.  Kinda neat

I have a 2wd regukar cab and I have the tilt and incline 

On 5/26/2018 at 9:27 AM, Gary Shull said:

My '17 Silvy has all 4 auto down and up. I found this out by pinching my rotties ear , thought I just bumped it up a few inches but went auto and got him. He wasnt too happy with me.

Really??? I wish my 17 had auto up on the other 3 windows.  Maybe I need to mess with this some more.  

• Like 3