Discovered! Features you may not have known about...

On 5/19/2018 at 6:57 AM, xMEATxHAMMERx said:

Here is one outside of the box....

For those of you that hate wearing your seat belt, and don't like dinging, you don't have to buy anything online, or cut up an old seatbelt.

Just go to your dealer, and tell them that your significant other can't fit in the seat belt. They will give you an extender for FREE as long as you are aware that it disables the seatbelt warning :)

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Or, you can just unplug the two wires coming out of the bottom of the seat belt latch.  It's located under the seat on the seat rail next to the center console.  Or, you can cut them, if you prefer.

• Like 1

On 6/9/2018 at 12:55 PM, new2chevy said:

Anyone know if there's a way to have traction control OFF unless you turn it on? I don't want to keep turning it off every time I start it up.

Nope

On 6/1/2018 at 12:33 PM, xMEATxHAMMERx said:

That's why we don't have auto up on all windows... We can't be trusted to be responsible enough to handle the power that comes with automatic windows lol

My Titan had auto down and with the key in the door turned to lock it, held would put the windows up too.  That way I don't have to put the key in to do this.  

• Like 1

Found this one this winter, good for us snow belts peeps.

Get to your destination and forget to shut your wipers off, and they are stuck mid swipe.  Well again in the snow I find it's best to have them parked so as to not burden the motor with heavy wet snow.  Anyway all you have to do is shut the wipers off even with the truck shut off, they will come back to life, finish their cycle and park.  No need to put the key in and do all that.  

• Like 4

My Titan had auto down and with the key in the door turned to lock it, held would put the windows up too.  That way I don't have to put the key in to do this.  
Yeah, I had that with my 2011 Titan as well. Nissan puts sensors in the windows so when the glass is going up, if it gets tight, it stops. Unfortunately, my Titan had an issue where this happened about once a month. I would auto up the windows with the key, and I would come back outside later to see that my windows went back down 2 inches.

On 5/25/2018 at 12:07 AM, Darksky said:

to keep within the rules of the thread. On my fifteen when I fuel, the hook inside the gas door on which you can hang the gas cap- hold the cap perpendicular to the ground and hang the very edge of the cap’s lip on the hook, it fits perfectly and sits securely, rather than sticking the threaded part on the hook.

I thought you are supposed to loop the plastic "strap" over the hook and let the cap hang down. That's what I do.

• Like 9

Nice thread. Most of what I've learned is already posted. But here's two more:

When in gear and doors are locked- pull on inside handle twice and door will unlock on the second pull. Works for driver and passenger side.

You can turn the radio on without the key in the ignition by hitting the power button.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

On 6/13/2018 at 3:39 PM, aseibel said:

When in gear and doors are locked- pull on inside handle twice and door will unlock on the second pull. Works for driver and passenger side.

You can turn the radio on without the key in the ignition by hitting the power button.

Now just get my wife to remember this and we will make some progress.  Every time it is pull once, look for unlock button.  Every time I say, you just have to pull it twice.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/13/2018 at 3:39 PM, aseibel said:

I don't like this.  When the doors are locked, I don't want them to open.  Ford vehicles would always open when locked, and I never liked that about them.

What if my toddler tries to open the door more than once?  In a day and age where there's a warning to look in the back seat, you'd think they'd not allow the kid to open the door.

Now it's possible that the back doors don't do this.  I haven't tried, and neither have my kids! 

1 minute ago, Nick The Great said:

I don't like this.  When the doors are locked, I don't want them to open.  Ford vehicles would always open when locked, and I never liked that about them.

What if my toddler tries to open the door more than once?  In a day and age where there's a warning to look in the back seat, you'd think they'd not allow the kid to open the door.

Now it's possible that the back doors don't do this.  I haven't tried, and neither have my kids! 

You can disable the back doors from opening from the inside.

There is a little button on the divers door next to the window and lock buttons.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Nick The Great said:

Hmmm.  I thought that was for the windows.  

Most vehicles that commonly carry children have some way to disable the back doors so kids don't open them from inside. Our 1993 Dodge caravan had it.

If your kid is riding in the font seat, according to the safety police, he should be like 10 years old and better know not to open the door when in motion.

• Like 3