Discovered! Features you may not have known about...

Just got a 2018 Silverado the other day.  First GM product in about 17 years.  So far, I have learned one new thing about my truck, it has a taco folder in it.

When one of the key fobs doesn't want to play nice with the seat/mirror/pedal memory set up, and you try to save the settings, it will move the seat all the way down, the seat back will tilt all the way forward and there you are, practically sitting on the floor of your truck, folded over like a f'in taco.

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

1st post here. Thanks for having me. I have a 2015 GMC Sierra.

I learned that while driving, a tap on the turn signal will give about a 4 second blink. However, if you have the "Tow" button selected you will get about a 8 second blink. Makes changing lanes with a trailer much safer and easier.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 4:00 PM, Cjmooch said:

For those who like to drift in the snow or need to turn off the traction control in sticky situations, hold down the traction control for about 5 seconds and the stabilitrak will also turn off, which turns off the traction control "even more". If stabilitrak is still on it will not let the wheels spin freely. This also works for other trucks as well, especially fords. This came in handy for the rental in colorado for doing donuts in the parking lot haha

I did this the first winter I had the truck, but I found out it still turns itself on when wheel speed exceeds roughly 30 mph.  That wheel speed is quite easy to achieve when having fun and when it engages mid slide/drift it puckers you up real quick.  What I also found out is if you unplug a wheel speed sensor the system faults and turns itself off for good.  To make this easy to do, I cut into the wiring harness and wired a switch into the dash.  I call it my "fun button", when I hit the switch, the dash lights up, the door chime comes on, but then I can drift to my hearts content with zero intervention.  Simply flick the switch back and everything goes back to normal!  Just don't re-engage it while braking because it momentarily activates ABS and you lose braking for a split second haha

• Like 3

On 6/24/2018 at 8:31 AM, Rolling Thunder said:

Can someone describe how to "Untag" a singer for the radio?  I accidentally 'Tagged' a performer and every time she appears I get the notice.

While on the Radio screen hit the Menu button.

Look for TuneSelect.

Once in there you will options to tag/untag/manage your selections.

On 5/21/2018 at 4:00 PM, Cjmooch said:

For those who like to drift in the snow or need to turn off the traction control in sticky situations, hold down the traction control for about 5 seconds and the stabilitrak will also turn off, which turns off the traction control "even more". If stabilitrak is still on it will not let the wheels spin freely. This also works for other trucks as well, especially fords. This came in handy for the rental in colorado for doing donuts in the parking lot haha

Remove the fuse for the OBDII port and it completely disables all of it and make it feel like a truck from the 80s. Pops up a service stabilitrak message but goes away after you put the fuse back in.

edit: a few I've found:

-swiping left on the radio screen will switch the console in the dash to the audio panel, I do it in every truck I get in now to annoy the driver/owner.

-holding the tow button down for 5-6 seconds in tow mode will disable grade braking.

-holding the remote start button down for a few seconds when remote started shut the truck off, hitting lock and holding the remote start button down will extend the remote start time by 12 more minutes.

-2017+ 6L80 transmission tune was redone and has smoother / better shifting.

Edited by ic3man5
  • Like 1

On 6/23/2018 at 4:02 PM, EDL said:

Just got a 2018 Silverado the other day.  First GM product in about 17 years.  So far, I have learned one new thing about my truck, it has a taco folder in it.

When one of the key fobs doesn't want to play nice with the seat/mirror/pedal memory set up, and you try to save the settings, it will move the seat all the way down, the seat back will tilt all the way forward and there you are, practically sitting on the floor of your truck, folded over like a f'in taco.

lol i think thats the "easy exit" feature. I hit mine by accident sometimes

• Haha 1

On 6/29/2018 at 1:26 PM, Ozer said:

lol i think thats the "easy exit" feature. I hit mine by accident sometimes

Yeah, I can set that with fob 2 no problem.   It's fob 1 that won't save it's settings, and instead of beeping twice after pressing set, it does that go to the floor and bend you over thing.

I need to take it in to to a dealer and have them reprogram the fob correctly, I just haven't had time to do it.

• 2 weeks later...

Can't find it listed anywhere so I'd ask here. If the unlock button on the keyfob is pressed will the truck automatically lock itself if a specific time period passes before anyone opens the door?

I sometimes worry about hitting stuff hitting the unlock button accidently while it's in my pocket at the gym and not realizing it.

1 hour ago, Roscopcoletrain said:

2015...I know about the keyfob mirror folding. Is there a way to get them to fold in when you exit the truck? Like with the seat moving back for exit? 

Top middle button on the mirror adjustment block on the door. Sorry, I don't have a picture for you right now.

2 minutes ago, Mileguru said:

Top middle button on the mirror adjustment block on the door. Sorry, I don't have a picture for you right now.

Yeah I know about that as well, sorry. Was hoping you could just have them fold when you exit like the seat moving back

Ahh, that I have not tried to figure out yet (out of laziness, sadly). Sorry.

What I do is hold the lock button down on the key fob for a couple extra seconds when locking the truck to fold in the mirrors.

• Like 1

New truck for me and I am playing, but I found that if you go into settings on the dash display that you can add things to the information screen like engine hours, trans temp and best of all for you off-roaders, a inclinometer for truck angles. I’m not sure if this was general knowledge or not but I did not see anything about it in the manual.