Discovered! Features you may not have known about...

I found that if you drive in M7 on the 8-speed it will disable AFM and stay in V8 mode, I hear it does the same with the 6-speeds in M5 mode?  It also seems to do more engine braking in M7 as well?  Then when you get on the highway just go back to D or M8 to reenable V4 for cruising.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kgkern01 said:

I found that if you drive in M7 on the 8-speed it will disable AFM and stay in V8 mode, I hear it does the same with the 6-speeds in M5 mode?  It also seems to do more engine braking in M7 as well?  Then when you get on the highway just go back to D or M8 to reenable V4 for cruising.

I thought it was m6, but you may be right :thumbs:

If your truck is parked and unlocked, you open the door and hit the lock button to say lock your doors w/o the key the chime will be heard and then about 10 seconds later the doors will actually lock.

I found this by accident when i was leaving and noticed my doors unlocked, keys in the house and i tried locking it and closing the door but i heard the chime and nothing happened so i figured it wasnt working.

As i was launching my OnStar app to lock the doors the horn sounded and doors locked.

Not sure what will happen if you left your keys inside the truck

If you are on the radio screen and touch and keep your finger pressed on the screen, you can slide it (send it)  toward the cluster and your DIC will switch automatically to the radio screen. 

On 7/12/2018 at 1:42 PM, Roscopcoletrain said:

2015...I know about the keyfob mirror folding. Is there a way to get them to fold in when you exit the truck? Like with the seat moving back for exit? 

No.

6 hours ago, Ozer said:

If your truck is parked and unlocked, you open the door and hit the lock button to say lock your doors w/o the key the chime will be heard and then about 10 seconds later the doors will actually lock.

I found this by accident when i was leaving and noticed my doors unlocked, keys in the house and i tried locking it and closing the door but i heard the chime and nothing happened so i figured it wasnt working.

As i was launching my OnStar app to lock the doors the horn sounded and doors locked.

Not sure what will happen if you left your keys inside the truck

If you lock your door with the switch on the door and the keys are still in the ignition the doors will lock and then immediately unlock.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Homeslice said:

Is there a way to change the requirement to lock the truck (1500) before using remote start? I've now locked my keys in the truck while it's running twice. 

How do you start the truck with the remote and not be able to unlock the doors?

13 minutes ago, Roscopcoletrain said:

How do you start the truck with the remote and not be able to unlock the doors?

Welp, yesterday I opened the passenger side door to work on something while talking to a friend and hung out for a minute before deciding to remote start my truck. Hit the lock button and then remote started it.  Reached across and put my keys in the ignition. Stood chatting for a moment and when I went to walk around my truck to get in, I closed the passenger door. An hour of idling and waiting later, AAA to the rescue. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Homeslice said:

Welp, yesterday I opened the passenger side door to work on something while talking to a friend and hung out for a minute before deciding to remote start my truck. Hit the lock button and then remote started it.  Reached across and put my keys in the ignition. Stood chatting for a moment and when I went to walk around my truck to get in, I closed the passenger door. An hour of idling and waiting later, AAA to the rescue. 

well, thats one way to do it lol 

1 hour ago, Homeslice said:

I could see this happening pretty easily. Funny! Glad you were able to have AAA help out.

But to do it twice...:D

4 hours ago, Homeslice said:

Did you try to download the app on your phone ? Where you can unlock the truck, Beep the horn and some other remote stuff  ,  I thought basic gives you 5 yrs of phone app FOB?

Edited by Artie61

3 minutes ago, Artie61 said:

Did you try to download the app on your phone I thought basic gives you 5 yrs of phone app FOB?

That's interesting. What app please? I heard onstar can remote unlock but seems expensive.