Discovered! Features you may not have known about...

So I've been trying too figure out how to mirror my screen in the truck. Can it be done with a bluetooth connection?

No. The only way to mirror your phone to the screen is with Apple CarPlay or android auto. Even with those what gets mirrored is restricted. It does not mirror anything that can take too much attention away from the road. It mirrors texting functions, call functions , navigation functions and music functions. Video functions are not mirrored to the display. It’s a safety and liability thing for GM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 8/11/2018 at 4:30 AM, new2chevy said:

So I've been trying too figure out how to mirror my screen in the truck. Can it be done with a bluetooth connection?

You can't "mirror" the screen on the factory equipment.  

You can use any Android Auto App in the newer trucks, but that's about 6 apps in total.  

Still a nice feature, but you can't play a video on the screen from your phone.  

High Idle (“Fast Idle” per owners manual)

I was surprised to see there is an option (for select vehicles) to high idle while parked. To engage:

1.) Transmission is in [P] Park or [N] Neutral

2.) Vehicle is not moving

3.) Parking brake is engaged

4.) Brake pedal not pressed

5.) Accelerator pedal not pressed

6.) Press and release cruise control on/off to turn ON the cruise control.

7.) Press and release SET- button for cruise control.

To turn off fast idle, do the opposite of anything in the above list (press brake pedal, turn off cruise control, etc...).

Doesn’t work on my truck but the owners manual states some vehicles have this feature.

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 1:32 PM, 300 Blackout said:

High Idle (“Fast Idle” per owners manual)

I was surprised to see there is an option (for select vehicles) to high idle while parked. To engage:

1.) Transmission is in [P] Park or [N] Neutral

2.) Vehicle is not moving

3.) Parking brake is engaged

4.) Brake pedal not pressed

5.) Accelerator pedal not pressed

6.) Press and release cruise control on/off to turn ON the cruise control.

7.) Press and release SET- button for cruise control.

To turn off fast idle, do the opposite of anything in the above list (press brake pedal, turn off cruise control, etc...).

Doesn’t work on my truck but the owners manual states some vehicles have this feature.

Tried this last night... Didn't work. I suspect this is a diesel-only option. I had the same thing on my motorhome with a Cummins diesel. Activated the same way. I used it when cold, primarily to air up the suspension and brakes faster.

Another possibility is that it only works under certain (cold) conditions. If the engine temp is below 65 degrees. In Florida, I'm not gonna see those conditions for at least a couple of months. :D

So in the Nav screen, after you've made some adjustments and the screen is in the "edit" mode (see pic), is there a way to quickly get it back to the normal Nav look, without all the extra crap around it?  It takes too long to reset.  Yes, I"m impatient.  ;)

Nav screen not cleared.jpg

Got my 2018 silverado about a month ago, I keep it lock in a garage at night, with the keys in the ignition.  Tried to remote start it with the onstar app and kept getting the "your engine did not start" on my phone.  Remembered it won't remote start with the keys in the ignition. BUT it will lock the doors and KEEP them locked, even with the keys in the ignition.  At least the app would still unlock the door.

2 minutes ago, cwebb1227 said:

Got my 2018 silverado about a month ago, I keep it lock in a garage at night, with the keys in the ignition.  Tried to remote start it with the onstar app and kept getting the "your engine did not start" on my phone.  Remembered it won't remote start with the keys in the ignition. BUT it will lock the doors and KEEP them locked, even with the keys in the ignition.  At least the app would still unlock the door.

Not wise to remote start while it's in the garage. :shakehead:

I tried to stop mine using the app while sat in it with the engine running. Wanted to see if it were possible if it were stolen but don't have the security feature through OnStar.

The app threw an error saying "make sure the keys are not in the vehicle."

5 hours ago, Silverblacko said:

When the truck is running and you are adding air to the tires, the truck will beep when the tire gets to the correct pressure.

This is something I have never heard before.

I am anxious to try this on my '14

25 minutes ago, new2chevy said:

How would the truck know what pressure the tires should be set at?

Well the truck knows when to warn you they're low so it must be programmed in there somewhere.