Aftermarket bed lighting with oem install

Does any one know the numbers of the 3 plugs on the bus bar?  I'm thinking one is the K38 but I was trying to located them on the Service manual to see what all the wires are in each of these plugs for a couple ideas I'm looking at. 

The bar itself is X63A.

b9f0784c082c0683a1f62d689a4a3123.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So the lights would be controlled from inside the truck like how the oem is?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Yes, the OEM lights from the factory plug into that port. If you don't have the lights pre installed, your port will have a dummy cap to keep moisture out.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

On 5/19/2018 at 4:13 PM, WesternMike said:

I just bought the GM harness(was cheap) and then cut off the pig tails for the GM lights and wired them to the led strip lights. Very easy and very cheap, I don’t have the harness part number; maybe someone here can drop that.

Do you have pics of the final install?

Edited by Coles5515

So the lights would be controlled from inside the truck like how the oem is?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Keep in mind that the bed lights are controlled by the cargo lamp switch and will come on in Park/Neutral.

Keep in mind that the bed lights are controlled by the cargo lamp switch and will come on in Park/Neutral.

Mine didn't on my 2015 and I had the factory ded lights? Mine only came on when I hit the switch on the dash?

• Like 1

Mine didn't on my 2015 and I had the factory ded lights? Mine only came on when I hit the switch on the dash?

That’s the switch I’m taking about. The cargo light switch in the IP below the AC controls.

That’s the switch I’m taking about. The cargo light switch in the IP below the AC controls.

My bad! I'm a few beers in and misread what you typed. I thought you said they came on anytime you put the truck in park or neutral without hitting the button.... Maybe my wife should take my phone away after I start drinking? Lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I also read it that way lol yes, my bed lights come out on in park and neutral; when the switch is pressed.

I’m also planning on adding a second switch to the bed lights very soon that will be in the bed. I have a canopy and overland with it during the summer so switch back there is due.

• Like 1

I also read it that way lol yes, my bed lights come out on in park and neutral; when the switch is pressed.

I’m also planning on adding a second switch to the bed lights very soon that will be in the bed. I have a canopy and overland with it during the summer so switch back there is due.
I'm thinking about trying a mod that someone mentioned awhile back.... That has the lights also cycle with the lights when you hit your key fob. Which I would get way more use out of them that way, because I'm a lazy ****er and won't feel like walking back to my truck 20 min later, because I forgot to turn the cargo lights off.

• Like 1

I'm thinking about trying a mod that someone mentioned awhile back.... That has the lights also cycle with the lights when you hit your key fob. Which I would get way more use out of them that way, because I'm a lazy ****er and won't feel like walking back to my truck 20 min later, because I forgot to turn the cargo lights off.

Cargo/Reverse Diode Mod in the BCM? At night when you unlock or anytime in reverse, they come on automatically. You’ll still have the ability to manually turn them on with the switch.

• Like 1