Aftermarket bed lighting with oem install

Cargo/Reverse Diode Mod in the BCM? At night when you unlock or anytime in reverse, they come on automatically. You’ll still have the ability to manually turn them on with the switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes! That's what I want to do.... Preferably without catching my truck on fire tho! What parts will I need for that mod? Also, what lights did you use in your bed? I'm having trouble deciding.

Did you say the other day that you make a harness? If so, what's the difference between yours and the gm one?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I would like to know how to do that BCM diode mod also.  I have a cover on the bed so that will help me not get blinded by the lights in reverse.

• Like 1

I love how the bcm diode mod works but if you have bright lights in your bed and go into reverse; it killllllls your line of sight with the bed light.
I can see that being an issue, but I have a cover and never use my back window when backing. Does it effect the side mirrors too?

I can see that being an issue, but I have a cover and never use my back window when backing. Does it effect the side mirrors too?

Long as you have a bed cover, your fine for sure.
  • Like 1

Here is a PDF I made on this. There is a huge thread on this already but I made this since I include diodes complimentary to anyone that buys my PnP Harnesses.

Diodes are 1N4004

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ffpn7q709bdxnn0/Cargo%20Light%20with%20Reverse.pdf?dl=0

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Here is a PDF I made on this. There is a huge thread on this already but I made this since I include diodes complimentary to anyone that buys my PnP Harnesses.

Diodes are 1N4004

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ffpn7q709bdxnn0/Cargo%20Light%20with%20Reverse.pdf?dl=0

The harness you speak of, is it the one that plugs into the busbar for the bed lights? If so, do you have one for a 2017, and how much are you asking?

I found the website to order the factory plug.  But if pgamboa is making them Im sure there cheaper than ordering from the site as you have to buy in bulk.  pgamboa. how much for one pigtail for a 15 and the diods? .  I was going to do this mod myself until i checked and realized i had bed lights already.  But my dad has a 15 and think it would be a nice upgrade for him. 

18 minutes ago, xMEATxHAMMERx said:

The harness you speak of, is it the one that plugs into the busbar for the bed lights? If so, do you have one for a 2017, and how much are you asking?

I build custom harnesses for tow mirror upgrades and having the white spot light (Cargo/Courtesy Lamp) come on in reverse is a common request.  Since diodes are cheap, I include them with a harness purchase.

5 minutes ago, TimothySheriff said:

I found the website to order the factory plug.  But if pgamboa is making them Im sure there cheaper than ordering from the site as you have to buy in bulk.  pgamboa. how much for one pigtail for a 15 and the diods? .  I was going to do this mod myself until i checked and realized i had bed lights already.  But my dad has a 15 and think it would be a nice upgrade for him. 

I don't know what GM harness is available aside from the entire bed light kit that's like $100.  If you want the connector and some pins (not terminated)...$15 and will include some diodes.  If you want me to crimp the pins onto an 18" lead of some wire, $20.  Shipping outside the US will be a little more to cover postage.

I don't know what GM harness is available aside from the entire bed light kit that's like $100.  If you want the connector and some pins (not terminated)...$15 and will include some diodes.  If you want me to crimp the pins onto an 18" lead of some wire, $20.  Shipping outside the US will be a little more to cover postage.

Gm has 2 options, you can buy the light kit with 2 lights and the harness for like 180. Or you can get the harness it's self. Online it's around 30 bucks, so the dealer prob charges 50. I can pm you the part number if you like? I don't have the tow mirrors, but maybe one day I'll come out of my pocket for that upgrade. I really dig the spot light in them!

So I guess my question is this... Can I use your harness for what I'm trying to achieve? I do have the puddle lights in my mirrors and they do come on with the key fob, so I guess they would be in place of the tow mirror lights?

Probably an unrelated coincidence.  Take the diode out and see if the message still appears just to make sure.
It took several tries to get the diode to make proper contact. The exact time I did, I got the error. Took the diode out, still have the error. Disconnected the battery for 60 min, still have the error message... Have now gone through several restarts, and about 30 miles of driving and the message still comes on with every startup.

• Like 1