DISAPPOINTING 2019 Chevy Powertrain / Gearing options

Numbers don't lie.. Very disappointing in GM to not up the power.. ON TOP OF THAT make the trucks UGLY? COME ON

I agree 100%!

There is a woman heading the company nowadays. Hahaha, just a joke...if she is like the other women I know then good is good enough.

Sent via Morse code

• Like 2

First off, you can get by with taller gears with an automatic because of the torque converter slippage.  Next, compare the trans gears to a TH400 of years ago.  The TH400 had a 2.48:1 vs a 4.0+ :1 of todays trans.  That is why they NEEDED them crawler gears way back when.  If you want to crawl, then get a Rubicon that has a 77:1(auto) to a 84:1(stick) crawl ratio. With this sport....you have to pay to play.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

GM released one Turbo maybe another one is in development.  I wouldn’t have said this a year ago but...the naturally aspirated engine is about maxed out for power and efficiency and heavy.   E assist and Hybrid offer some interesting possibilities to a Turbo powered truck.  God forbid me for saying this....but an all Electric model in a few years?

On 5/27/2018 at 6:49 PM, bartonjude said:

Unfortunately, thats the reason the F150 is still the top selling pickup in America.

One variable to measure an object or person is popularity.  My like or dislike for my truck is not based on which brand sells the most.  Ford is a very popular truck (I've owned several over the years) but currently, imo, GM's are more appealing.

On 5/20/2018 at 3:34 PM, AgDoctor said:

I'm not sure that I understand this statement. To clarify my own yes I would use 4 low to extract someone stuck or pull something like a sawed tree trunk. 4 low is great for deep muddy conditions. 4 high is great for driving down a wet dirt Rd or some only reasonably wet fields. 4 low disables traction control and with an automatic it is great for muddy fields.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup- use 4 lo quite a bit up here, lol. 

truck mud.jpg

I might step up to a 2500 or even, *gasp* a Power Wagon next time. 

Edited by Threerun
  • Like 2

On 2018-05-20 at 11:20 AM, Foghorn17 said:

I am a GM truck guy and have basically been loyal to GM since my first Silverado in 1999.  However, one can easily see they are making these new trucks more SUV/crossover like.  For the first time in almost two decades I may look seriously at a Ford, or even the Ram when my lease is up in 2020.  I'm hoping after the first year of the new body style that true truck guys may take back the helm at GM.  Otherwise, I may be moving on.  If I want a single speed transfer case I'll look at a crossover.  Pathetic.

I agree, the thought of not having 4 Lo to choose from is a no go for me too.  The all new 2.7 GTDI intrigues me, but if it is wrapped in what amounts to the CUV of trucks, no thanks.

Love my Ram, so unless GM offers a 2 speed T case, no deal.  I am not a fan of having OnStar in my vehicle either.

On 2018-05-29 at 2:48 PM, Threerun said:

Yup- use 4 lo quite a bit up here, lol. 

truck mud.jpg

I might step up to a 2500 or even, *gasp* a Power Wagon next time. 

The Power Wagon is an awesome truck, rides a bit smoother than a regular 2500HD due to different spring rates.  Have the choice of a locking front/rear diff is sweet too.

• Like 1