Swap power folding mirror for power folding tow mirrors?

I have a 2014 GMC sierra SLT and it has the power folding mirror option. 

If I want the GM power folding tow mirrors are they just a simple swap? 

Thanks! 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, djw88 said:

Thanks! 

Check out this thread.  You can also message @pgamboa if you have any other questions.  He is very helpful and knowledgeable about the mirror swaps.  Good luck with the swap.

• Like 1

Thanks! 

Define simple :).

Since you already have power Folding DL3 Mirrors, if you simply just swap the mirrors to Power Fold DQS and do nothing else, the mirrors will power fold, you will have power adjust, heat. The turn signals will also work. The Amber forward facing Clearance Lamp will sort of work and will behave like your factory Puddle Lamp that shines downward. It will only illuminate when you unlock the door at night. The Cargo Reverse Spotlight will not work.

Also, since you’re 2014, do this right, you’ll need new door harnesses to correctly support the new lighting features as well as an RZY Jumper Harness - Part # 23387133. Installing the RZY is a pain, but this will get your cargo light and clearance light operational as factory intended.

Herr are some of my videos that show this. Let me know if I can be of any more assistance. I can set you up with the harnesses for it all if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, pgamboa said:

Since you already have power Folding DL3 Mirrors, if you simply just swap the mirrors to Power Fold DQS and do nothing else, the mirrors will power fold, you will have power adjust, heat. The turn signals will also work. The Amber forward facing Clearance Lamp will sort of work and will behave like your factory Puddle Lamp that shines downward. It will only illuminate when you unlock the door at night. The Cargo Reverse Spotlight will not work.

Also, since you’re 2014, do this right, you’ll need new door harnesses to correctly support the new lighting features as well as an RZY Jumper Harness - Part # 23387133. Installing the RZY is a pain, but this will get your cargo light and clearance light operational as factory intended.

Herr are some of my videos that show this. Let me know if I can be of any more assistance. I can set you up with the harnesses for it all if needed.

Awesome thanks! 

if I have to re-pin the harnesses that's not a big deal. I don't care about the cargo light. 

I do have aftermarket tow mirrors now but they aren't power anything. previous owner put on a cheap set. 

they do have a turn signal that does work like a turn signal. 

• Like 1

Good deal. The mirror connector itself can be easily repinned by lifting the TPA and pulling the wire out. But for the door jamb connector, you’ll need a terminal removal tool to repin that.

GM uses the same slot on the mirror connector but lands them onto different slots on the door jamb side.

See pics.

1da3ad19ef940cd39b5ec140c9762fff.jpg

a1777084c53c325cc22974f940995f5b.jpg

• 2 months later...
also when you hold the lock on the keyfob does it fold the mirrors or is that a denali only thing?

Higher trim (LTZ/High Country, SLT/Denali) if they come Seat Memory.

9 minutes ago, pgamboa said:

Higher trim (LTZ/High Country, SLT/Denali) if they come Seat Memory.

awesome thanks so my SLT should then

• 1 year later...
On 5/20/2018 at 7:41 AM, pgamboa said:

I have a 2015 Silverado LTZ and I am wanting to switch to power folding tow mirrors.  My understanding is that GM does not offer this option.  So now I have no other choice but to go with an aftermarket brand.  What brand or brands do you suggest? What are the ones to stay away from?  I just want a quality tow mirror , black in color, turn signal, heated, backup lighting, and power folding.