Parking brake hold

Hi all new to the forum. Recently I changed the front rotors and pads and rear drums and shoes on my 2011 Chevy Silverado 1500 4x4. Problem I’m having is the park brake won’t hold on hills like it did before. I set the rear drums so they lightly drag when turning them by hand and “seated” the pda by driving in reverse and hitting the brakes a few times. I tightened up the park brake cable as I thought it may have stretched. My dad has the same truck and his will hold with one click in reverse on an incline mine will hold but not in reverse on incline just wondering what else to try other than wait for pads to seat better? Any help would be appreciated thanks in advance.

My e-brake sucked. So I replaced all of the cables, the brake shoes, the rotors, the shoe hardware, the peddle assembly, and every other e-brake part. Then I adjusted them 8 times. Sometimes it would "kinda" work, but after a day or two it stopped working. Then I removed the e-brake assembly and modified it, to make it pull the cable much further than OEM. That worked for a day or two. Now it barely does anything. Research has shown that this e-brake system sucks. Many people have had similar issues.