***Alpine X110slv 10" Restyle Kit"

Marv88

11 hours ago, pgamboa said:

Yep. The USB hubs with multiple ports have a logic board inside them. 14/15 don’t support Car Play because that logic didn’t exist then. The USB Data + Power/Ground connections need to land in their respective locations. USB data cables land into the HMI. I haven’t had my hands on an Alpine unit so I am unsure on how the Alpine units interface USB. If you feed the unit a direct USB cable from your phone, does that support Car Play or does it only provide an input as a media source?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The direct USB connection only provides media/charging but it also has hdmi input so you can actually mirror your phone with the optional adapter (anything you can bring up on your phone can be viewed on the screen )

do you lose usb function in the ones under the switches on the front of the console as well?

So will no USB ports I have in the truck work? Don’t have one in the glovebox. Have ones inside of center console, and the ones under pedal adjust switch on the center console.

Wow that interface is gorgeous. That’s a win right there. I noticed you don’t have a center console. What happens to the slots that have the cooling/heating of the seats on both passenger and driver side? I noticed the kit has them blocked off.

10 minutes ago, Skeeter McSkeet said:

So will no USB ports I have in the truck work? Don’t have one in the glovebox. Have ones inside of center console, and the ones under pedal adjust switch on the center console.

I also need that clarification, I hate having stuff in the truck that become inoperable. I guess you could always buy those Anker usb chargers that fit in the cigarette lighter. I have one for the back seat folks with 2 USB’s and the lid almost closes flush. My iPod lives in my center console storage compartment plugged into the USB next to the SD slot. I like it because it’s outta the way.

Edited by Keagan

I also need that clarification, I hate having stuff in the truck that become inoperable. I guess you could always buy those Anker usb chargers that fit in the cigarette lighter. I have one for the back seat folks with 2 USB’s and the lid almost closes flush. My iPod lives in my center console storage compartment plugged into the USB next to the SD slot. I like it because it’s outta the way.

I don’t have a phone that will wireless charge and I don’t have wireless charging anyway, so I make use of several of them for iPod and phones. I’ve looked at these many times but can never quite figure out the full list of functions you lose.

18 minutes ago, Skeeter McSkeet said:

Any USB that is part of the hub will not work but there is an adapter included that will allow use with an individual factory USB. The instructions only mentioned the usb in the glove box but I removed my console before I installed this so I never tried one of those in the front. 

Wow that interface is gorgeous. That’s a win right there. I noticed you don’t have a center console. What happens to the slots that have the cooling/heating of the seats on both passenger and driver side? I noticed the kit has them blocked off.

Those pop out if you need to make use of that. Just blanks so there’s no hole there if you don’t.

Any USB that is part of the hub will not work but there is an adapter included that will allow use with an individual factory USB. The instructions only mentioned the usb in the glove box but I removed my console before I installed this so I never tried one of those in the front. 

I appreciate it. I think I’ll have to pass. GLWS!

18 minutes ago, Keagan said:

My plan was to get a USB switcher so I could have multiple connections

Just now, Skeeter McSkeet said:

I appreciate it. I think I’ll have to pass. GLWS!

No problem and thanks!

Strongly considering this but there is too many unknowns. I really make use of the USBs inside the center storage. Sometimes my family use the 3 port bank under the switch bank. We use those for charging mainly, if the ones inside the center storage can still read/charge the iPod and the ones under the switch bank would charge only. I could live with that. Also, I noticed a lot of reviews are talking about extra modules especially for us with factory bose and Nav. I’m a 2015 Silverado High Country with Bose.

Just now, Keagan said:

Strongly considering this but there is too many unknowns. I really make use of the USBs inside the center storage. Sometimes my family use the 3 port bank under the switch bank. We use those for charging mainly, if the ones inside the center storage can still read/charge the iPod and the ones under the switch bank would charge only. I could live with that. Also, I noticed a lot of reviews are talking about extra modules especially for us with factory bose and Nav. I’m a 2015 Silverado High Country with Bose.

The only unknown is whether or not the USB in the console front will work and  in any case I have a feeling you may reconsider once I mention the Bose interface is about $300.00! 

The top 3 port USB, do those charge after the swap?

The center storage double USB next to the SD slot, are those the unknown?

which one charges and which one reads the ipods?