***Alpine X110slv 10" Restyle Kit"

Marv88

10 minutes ago, Keagan said:

The top 3 port USB, do those charge after the swap?

The center storage double USB next to the SD slot, are those the unknown?

which one charges and which one reads the ipods?

If they only charge I can't think of a reason they would be connected to the headunit but I can't say for sure (I did the console swap but never attempted to connect those). Maybe pgamboa will chime in again on that one. 

The top 3 usb stop working. They’re directly connected to the hmi module. The 2 in the center console charge only. I just checked in mine. Here’s some pics of the Bose add-on that changes the 3 port usb to 1.
Excuse the dirtiness
10190fe79bfa03a8a1b12eaedde94273.jpg6b6b60d7f45a1622772c7fedef3d5ac3.jpg

11 hours ago, Ichie123 said:

The top 3 usb stop working. They’re directly connected to the hmi module. The 2 in the center console charge only. I just checked in mine. Here’s some pics of the Bose add-on that changes the 3 port usb to 1.
Excuse the dirtiness
10190fe79bfa03a8a1b12eaedde94273.jpg6b6b60d7f45a1622772c7fedef3d5ac3.jpg

Thanks, so it’s only the provided USB port as shown in your pic that works with iPhones or iPods? The ones in the center storage currently charges and plays music. So now it only charges??

Edited by Keagan

10 minutes ago, Ichie123 said:

Correct. So all that USB port is is just an extension that you plug into the back of the radio. I got my bose add on from an authorized dealer for 150$.

The single USB port you have that replaces the factory 3 port must only come with the Bose interface as I didn't get it with mine. Does it use a standard USB cable to plug into the Alpine?

c8612167a5fbb5eb0844164e3c4adc69.jpg

The cord is essentially this. Comes with the housing that’s shown in my other pics and a square box that’s the module for the bose. Along with it there’s a connector harness for the back up camera that is Different than the one provided with the radio so that it all works with the bose system. Without that one connector you’ll have no audio

1 minute ago, Ichie123 said:

c8612167a5fbb5eb0844164e3c4adc69.jpg

The cord is essentially this. Comes with the housing that’s shown in my other pics and a square box that’s the module for the bose. Along with it there’s a connector harness for the back up camera that is Different than the one provided with the radio so that it all works with the bose system. Without that one connector you’ll have no audio

Thanks. That type of cable was included with my kit but I didn't get the housing so I just have the cable hanging under the dash (I don't have Bose so I didn't need the module)

Gah.

I think it looks amazing but damn about losing the USBs.

I don’t have CarPlay in mine but I wonder which USB triggers it? All of them or one in glove box?

If you move to this unit does it become one in front?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

53 minutes ago, geswek said:

Gah.

I think it looks amazing but damn about losing the USBs.

I don’t have CarPlay in mine but I wonder which USB triggers it? All of them or one in glove box?

If you move to this unit does it become one in front?

No CarPlay on this one. It has hdmi input so you can mirror anything on your phone (unlike CarPlay which has limited app capabilities)

Oh damn

Well hmm.

I don’t use USB for anything so maybe that’s not big deal.

Hmmmm

What about XM? Does that work? I have XM that I use ALL the time.

37 minutes ago, geswek said:

Oh damn

Well hmm.

Hmmmm

I'm almost positive it has the satellite radio module 

29 minutes ago, geswek said:

Oh damn

Well hmm.

Hmmmm

It does support satellite radio and will plug right in if you have the separate satellite tuner however if you have the one that's built into the factory radio module you will need to get the aftermarket tuner (there is an adapter included that allows you to use the factory antenna with the aftermarket tuner))

It does support satellite radio and will plug right in if you have the separate satellite tuner however if you have the one that's built into the factory radio module you will need to get the aftermarket tuner (there is an adapter included that allows you to use the factory antenna with the aftermarket tuner))

I have factory XM with mine (LTZ Z71) so I would need to buy another module to continue using my XM?

11 hours ago, Ichie123 said:

Correct. So all that USB port is is just an extension that you plug into the back of the radio. I got my bose add on from an authorized dealer for 150$.

Thanks for the clarification. I don't know if I can swallow losing 5 USB's especially the ones that read iPhones/iPods. Also, while it has a beautiful interface, I thought it would have CarPlay. 

Edited by Keagan

6 minutes ago, geswek said:

I have factory XM with mine (LTZ Z71) so I would need to buy another module to continue using my XM?

If you have a separate factory xm  tuner now it will plug right in. If you have the xm tuner built into factory radio module you you will need an aftermarket one since the factory radio module gets replaced.