In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
scott26

Powder Coating Chrome Bumpers

Well I had chrome to start on my 2012 Sierra I sanded it and painted it to match which held up for a total of about 6 months. So I took them off and got them sand blasted and powder coated. Much better coverage this time and I think they will last a lot longer. Love the Denali look it has now.

IMG_20180522_123959.jpg

I might have to do this to my 06, my rear bumper is getting rust stained and I want all the chrome gone anyway.

I like that, might have to do this when I do the 2014+ rear bumper swap and have it sandblasted and powder coats and do the same with the front bumper as the previous owner who bought the truck new opted for the Chrome Appearance package... Chrome is not my thing, might also do the door handles as they are also chrome. I must say your truck looks sharp.

:thumbs:

On 5/26/2018 at 8:15 AM, SeekNDstroy2012 said:

I like that, might have to do this when I do the 2014+ rear bumper swap and have it sandblasted and powder coats and do the same with the front bumper as the previous owner who bought the truck new opted for the Chrome Appearance package... Chrome is not my thing, might also do the door handles as they are also chrome. I must say your truck looks sharp.

:thumbs:

Thanks been a work in progress lol. For the handles you'll probably have to use something other than Powder Coating since that will only work with metals. My brother just did that to his chrome handles on his Dodge Ram he used Line X Ultra which is a thinner material but turned out pretty good. Has the same finish of like the stock plastics.

On 5/26/2018 at 8:42 AM, jgraves13 said:

How much did this run you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ran $290 for everything. They had to get the old paint off, get through the chrome plating, and then powder coat it.

Ran $290 for everything. They had to get the old paint off, get through the chrome plating, and then powder coat it.

Oh that's not bad at all. Cheaper than having someone paint to match

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk