Potential Silverado owner...coming from a Ridgeline question

Well, I made the decision, and I’ll be a proud new owner of a silver, 2018 Silverado LT with LT plus package crew cab. The dealership was very aggressive, gave me a great deal on the trade, and threw in the spray in bed liner as well. When it was all said and done, it was 2k cheaper than the Ridgeline I looked at, and I really enjoyed the test drive. It has the all star package and just the 5.3. I know that is the smaller v8, but it will be a big difference coming from Honda’s J35 V6.   It’s not an upper end trim, but it has some nice options. I’ll be searching a number of topics and asking questions here quite a bit, so I appreciate the welcoming to the community. Ty all. 

• Like 2

Good job! The shoulder and head room are worth it alone. Silver stays cleaner, and an LT is easy to modify on the cheap. Bed cover and storage next - keep an eye out on craigslist for wheels, rails, steps, etc. Mods are fun...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

39 minutes ago, Texas Daddy said:

Good job! The shoulder and head room are worth it alone. Silver stays cleaner, and an LT is easy to modify on the cheap. Bed cover and storage next - keep an eye out on craigslist for wheels, rails, steps, etc. Mods are fun...

Thank you Texas. I had thought about the z71, but they did a better price on the truck I chose, and it had the LT plus package. It seems the z71 is the upgraded truck, but I’m very happy with the one I got. The torque of the V8 is exciting. Any suggestions for side steps? 

Thank you Texas. I had thought about the z71, but they did a better price on the truck I chose, and it had the LT plus package. It seems the z71 is the upgraded truck, but I’m very happy with the one I got. The torque of the V8 is exciting. Any suggestions for side steps? 
I like oem 6 inch. Oem all season matts too - weathertechs are a little too much, like a wt rubber floor...

I went with husky contour floor mats. They are a softer rubber than weathertec. I really liked the oem GM all weather mats but the cutout under the gas pedal made me look elsewhere. 

Search the forum. Remember to click the arrow next to search then all content I bet most of you questions have been asked and answered. 

Congrats on you purchase!

• Like 1

When I was looking I considered F150 EB, Nissan Titan and a Jeep Compass (thank god I didn't buy this).  I ended up pulling the trigger on my 17 Silverado and can honestly say that I have had absolutely no regrets.  Not one.  I never get in and start it and wish to myself that I would have gotten the F150.  My only minor complaint is the transmission in the 17s is a little jerky.  Good luck!  They are beautiful trucks!

I went from a '10 Ridgeline to my '15 Silverado.  Bought my Ridgeline in Sept '09, and bought my Silverado in Dec '15.  Got a hell of deal. 

Things I miss about my Ridgeline:

- Fuel Economy (R was in the mid 20s, S holding onto upper teens)

- Taken dirt roads home and NOT feeling the "washboards" at 60MPH

- Sunglasses holder

- Sunroof

Things I don't miss:

- Tow capacity (Ridgeline: 5K, Silverado: 10K)

- Wider, backseat is more comfortable at three-wide

- Can actually put washer/dryer at the front of the bed (OK, new Ridgelines can, NOW)

The current "generation" of Ridgeline is smaller than the previous generation.  Honda did the same thing with the Pilot.

I’d go Husky weather beaters or exact up front, unless your into slipping around on your floor mats with anything but bone dry shoes on, then get the weather techs.

Welcome to the forum and nice silvy!!

A new ridge line was behind me last night, I thought it was either a minivan or a crossover suv lol.

Hooksets are free...

Nice choice!  Sidesteps and floormats are easy options to shop for and are practical.  I would save buying any other options/modifications until you own your truck for awhile.  90% of the enjoyment for me is the shopping.  By the time I come close to making a purchase, I see something I like better!  Also, I find that a clean,stock truck catches my attention just as well as the heavily modified versions.  Don't try to compete with others on the internet...you won't win!

Congrats on the the new truck! I just went through a similar experience in terms of doing some research before my purchase. 

The thing that really sold me was price, you just couldn't beat the Silverado's rebates right now. 

But I really needed a truck that could give me decent gas mileage and reliability. I considered the Ridgline but I just couldn't over the way it looked, it just didn't look good to me. And it's not like they haven't had their issues in the past...transmissions, rings. I looked at Toyota, nice trucks but fuel economy and price just weren't there. Liked the Ford F-150 but at their prices? I mean wow. The Ram was up there in price and I didn't think I'd get the fuel economy out of it even in their new diesel (and those things are having some serious engine problems now).

So that left me with the Silverado, loved how quiet and smooth it was and when I drove it I knew I'd do pretty good with fuel economy (and I have by averaging over 25mpg since I've owned it). Considered the Colorado but I was worried the smaller engine would work harder and get me less fuel economy (and not have the size I wanted). Pretty happy with the Silverado so far...hopefully it'll be reliable.