Potential Silverado owner...coming from a Ridgeline question

3 hours ago, Doublebase said:

Congrats on the the new truck! I just went through a similar experience in terms of doing some research before my purchase. 

The thing that really sold me was price, you just couldn't beat the Silverado's rebates right now. 

But I really needed a truck that could give me decent gas mileage and reliability. I considered the Ridgline but I just couldn't over the way it looked, it just didn't look good to me. And it's not like they haven't had their issues in the past...transmissions, rings. I looked at Toyota, nice trucks but fuel economy and price just weren't there. Liked the Ford F-150 but at their prices? I mean wow. The Ram was up there in price and I didn't think I'd get the fuel economy out of it even in their new diesel (and those things are having some serious engine problems now).

So that left me with the Silverado, loved how quiet and smooth it was and when I drove it I knew I'd do pretty good with fuel economy (and I have by averaging over 25mpg since I've owned it). Considered the Colorado but I was worried the smaller engine would work harder and get me less fuel economy (and not have the size I wanted). Pretty happy with the Silverado so far...hopefully it'll be reliable.

I totally agree. I looked at Fords first because my folks have a,way been Ford people, but I couldn’t get them to deal. I just couldn’t see paying 3k more for a similarly speced truck. I really fell for my Silverado during the test drive. I found the Honda dealers arrogant. Refused to budge and absolutely slammed me when I mentioned I was looking domestic. The new RL drove really nice ,but I agree I’m not sure I could get over the Pilot front end look. Picking up the Silverado tomorrow at ten and super excited...even in its relatively basic trim. 

Congratulations on your new purchase, just like all of us, you’ll enjoy shopping for extras to personalize your new addition. I warn everyone I know to PLEASE stay away from those little Honda’s and Nissans etc cause the carnage I’ve seen with my own eyes is horrible. I once went and visited a buddies totaled vehicle at the dealership and right beside it was a Honda Accord completely caved in on the drivers side, the whole drivers side was pushed in to the shifter and the dealership tech said “see all that dried up pieces of whitish stuff everywhere?” “It’s the drivers brains!” Disgusting that these little Asian cars are even allowed to be sold in America, pushing mpg over safety. Thank you for buying an American FULL size truck, have fun with it and be safe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, Jchoi said:

I totally agree. I looked at Fords first because my folks have a,way been Ford people, but I couldn’t get them to deal. I just couldn’t see paying 3k more for a similarly speced truck. I really fell for my Silverado during the test drive. I found the Honda dealers arrogant. Refused to budge and absolutely slammed me when I mentioned I was looking domestic. The new RL drove really nice ,but I agree I’m not sure I could get over the Pilot front end look. Picking up the Silverado tomorrow at ten and super excited...even in its relatively basic trim. 

You'll love it, and like others said, it's kind of fun buying the side steps, mud flaps, etc.

And I can totally picture the arrogance at Honda when you mentioned buying a domestic. The thing that makes me laugh - when talking about Honda - is how far they've fallen in reliability. I don't think any brand should brag about anything when they just spent the last 12 years putting garbage transmissions in Accords, Pilots, Ridglines and Odyssey's. And they've had more than their share of oil consumption issues leading to major major engine repair. Their fit and finish has fallen off from when they used to be able to compete with Toyota. And while they've looked down on the domestics, the domestics have quietly gained a lot of ground. 

• Like 1

You'll love it, and like others said, it's kind of fun buying the side steps, mud flaps, etc.

And I can totally picture the arrogance at Honda when you mentioned buying a domestic. The thing that makes me laugh - when talking about Honda - is how far they've fallen in reliability. I don't think any brand should brag about anything when they just spent the last 12 years putting garbage transmissions in Accords, Pilots, Ridglines and Odyssey's. And they've had more than their share of oil consumption issues leading to major major engine repair. Their fit and finish has fallen off from when they used to be able to compete with Toyota. And while they've looked down on the domestics, the domestics have quietly gained a lot of ground. 

Agree, in Texas we hear of the unfortunate individuals that have died by being rear ended or mangled while in these little epa/mpg driven vehicles. Years of American steel and know how cannot be replaced by ones environmental conscience.

• Thanks 1

Post pictures of your new "Man Card" when you get it.

Then go tow something larger than a yard tractor.

And go pull a random tree stump out of the ground.

On 5/26/2018 at 1:54 PM, Vicarod said:

Post pictures of your new "Man Card" when you get it.

Then go tow something larger than a yard tractor.

And go pull a random tree stump out of the ground.

Haha. I do feel like I got at least one man card back. Here’s a pic. Dealer still has to spray the bed liner in as they were worried it wouldn’t be ready for an early morning pick up. 

852E1F75-26A1-4A43-BB9A-70BB7D4D6CBC.jpeg

Edited by Jchoi
  • Like 4

Haha. I do feel like I got at least one man add back. Here’s a pic. Dealer still has to spray the bed liner in as they were worried it wouldn’t be ready for an early morning pick up. 
852E1F75-26A1-4A43-BB9A-70BB7D4D6CBC.thumb.jpeg.2d59ccaf2180bd0ef59f390c493f9050.jpeg

Pretty truck