Installed Sub & Amp to 6 speaker BOSE (no console/no stock sub). LC2i - Issues with signal interference...Bass dropping in and out.

Hi everyone, so recently I installed a sub/amp setup in my 2018 Sierra SLT Crew Cab.  My truck has the 6 speaker BOSE without sub (no console/no sub). 

We tapped into the rear speaker wire for a signal to an Audiocontrol LC2i.  I am noticing that certain frequencies are causing the bass to drop out.  It seems like when there is a heavy bass line or kick, while also a singing voice/higher frequency sound, they are competing and ultimately the bass will drop out.  Most instrumental music sounds great in the truck, the bass loss is only occurring when there other certain frequencies playing simultaneously.  The bass will drop out/go really low, then the next hit will be normal (loud) when the frequencies are no longer competing.  

I am wondering if this is normal with the LC2i or if something else is causing this issue.  Sorry if this explanation sucks...in a nutshell,  any bass enthusiast will be able to notice this after hearing a few songs.  The bass is not consistent and it is super annoying when it drops in and out.  (For Ex.  the same kick drum will hit at different levels throughout the same song depending on which other sounds are occurring at the same time)

Thanks for any replies in advance, I appreciate it.

- KJ