Shawn T

Passenger Seatbelt Rattle

So I searched here on this topic, and to my surprise I found nothing.  Ever since the first drive of my 2015 HD the seatbelt bangs against the B pilar, constantly.  I have many friends with this generation truck and they have the exact same issue and it drives them just as crazy.  Is there and aftermarket tether out there to fix this problem?

I used 1" adhesive backed Velcro® loop, in black, between the B post and the belt, where they meet.  Velcro® comes in hooks and loops.  Hooks are the sharper feeling side; loops feel softer and more like felt.  It's discrete and stopped the rattle.  Just an idea.  All the best.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, webshopper said:

I used 1" adhesive backed Velcro® loop, in black, between the B post and the belt, where they meet.  Velcro® comes in hooks and loops.  Hooks are the sharper feeling side; loops feel softer and more like felt.  It's discrete and stopped the rattle.  Just an idea.  All the best.

Perfect, thank for the quick response, so you "taped" the Velcro loops to the seat belt side correct? 

Adjust height of buckle on belt.

Move seat for/aft.

Adjust height of slide that moves shoulder position.

Remove/add 1/2 twist in belt.

Not sure which I did when I had this problem, but it corrected it and the rattle never returned. 

Was annoying has $%@* til I figured out where the rattle was coming from. 

I taped it to the fixed surface side (not the seatbelt) but you could do both.  Technically you don't need 1" either; just enough the "buffer" the rattle points which I assume is the plastic trim piece that hides the seat belt and retractor, and possibly the latch piece.  You'll likely experiment with a few applications.

On mine it was the buckle taping against the plastic trim piece.  If I'm solo I just faster the passenger side belt to keep it from rattling.  Took me a year to figure out where the rattle was coming from! :)

I used the self stick felt for chair legs, it comes in big squares you can cut down, I have the brown interior and it matched perfect, just stick it to the pillar, I also used a small piece at the ignition so the key fob does not bang . 

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 9:12 AM, MotionMan said:

I used the self stick felt for chair legs, it comes in big squares you can cut down, I have the brown interior and it matched perfect, just stick it to the pillar, I also used a small piece at the ignition so the key fob does not bang . 

Perfect, I never thought of that, great idea! 

boy if a seatbelt rattle annoys you guys you'd hate to drive my 86 :lol:

I tuck the the latch into the slot on the B Pillar.