Trade in now or wait for 2019???

I would do it now.  They seem to have a pretty good deal on trucks from what I can tell with all the commercials.  Maybe just feel out your local dealer and see what they can do. You don't have to buy if not satisfied and can wait until fall.

I agree but rebates are pretty strong on higher trims now.  So there’s a calculation to plot a curve of sale MSRP - rebate vs trade value on the other axis.  

For mtpe, the question would be whether I wanted the ‘19 as a first model year.  And if I did, at what price?  

Im pretty happy with my 2018.  It has everything I need and just about everything I want.   (Sunroof anyone?).  And they’ve apparently got the bugs worked out...

The deals are pretty good right now. There will not be any deals on a first year truck. I am in a similar thought process for a different reason but know not to but a GM 1st year model. Always an issue. I am waiting till 2020.

10 hours ago, TexasZseventyone said:

I have 2016 LT Z71 with 15,000 miles on it. I regret not buying a higher trim. I want to trade it in for an LTZ. Am I better off trading it in now and getting a 2018 or waiting for a 2019? I don’t know how much my truck will drop in value once there is a new model out...

I would look for a 2018 if you want a higher trim model .  The 2019 is the next generation and you see all the issues they had on the 2014 'next 'generation' models.  There is no way I would buy a makeover, first year 'next generation' vehicle (IMO).  Lease:  Yes,  buy: No.

Memorial Day weekend plus end of the month. Couldn't ask for a better time to buy. You are at the end of the cycle with this model and that is usually the best one to buy as they should have all the bugs worked out by now. No reason to start all over with a new model with possible issues. I went through that with an early build 2015 Tahoe. Not much fun and takes away all the enjoyment of owning a new vehicle. Good luck with your decision.

You'll get some serious discounts on the 2018's now, plus high trade in value on those vehicles because the used truck market is so strong. On a 19 you'll get nothing, plus you might want to stay away from first year production vehicles...especially with an AFM system that activates ALL the cylinders. Yikes! Something tells me it'll take them three years to iron that out.

So maybe buy the 18 now, drive it for a few years and then trade into the new body style after they've fixed everything and offer deals/incentives.

But right now you can get $15,000 in rebates on these 18's if you qualify. Personally I'd just keep the 16 and do some simple mods/upgrades. You'll save a fortune going that route, then in a few years you can trade it towards that new truck...probably still have under 75,000 miles on it...could probably sell it outright with no loan on it and title in hand. The used truck market is ridiculously in high demand. They sell like hot cakes, especially in the winter.

• Like 1

I will concur that the dealers are being very aggressive with rebates, pricing, and negotiating right now. I sent multiple offers and all were responsive and competitive. Now might be the right time. 

5 minutes ago, O_J_Simpson said:

Buy now and get the old out of date crap with the same bad condenser design.

Wait a few months and buy the new and improved stuff that we have no idea of what the new problems can be yet.

I would wait for the 2019 after owning a few K2's.

I will defer to those who know the trucks well, as I’m completely new to Silverados after owning Honda’s for years. I can only confirm that the prices are good right now. 

I have 2016 LT Z71 with 15,000 miles on it. I regret not buying a higher trim. I want to trade it in for an LTZ. Am I better off trading it in now and getting a 2018 or waiting for a 2019? I don’t know how much my truck will drop in value once there is a new model out...

I bought my truck last month after my 2016 GMC Sierra got written off I got a upper silverado model for just $100 more during truck month also got 0% for 7 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If getting a "good deal" outweighs your desire for the latest and greatest doo-dads, get the 2018.  There are some incredible deals out there.  You may not see this kind of discounting until the next body refresh of the trucks.

• Like 1