Just talked to 2019 Sierra Owner

1 hour ago, f8l vnm said:

I also think the trucks will get their new 5.3 and 6.2 after next year when the new suvs come out. By the way anyone see the new irs on the new full size gm suv coming out next year ? Finally! 

Will this also carry over to Silverado and Sierra in the future, to mimic or emulate RAM trucks?

Possible...…..

Now that you mention it, Sierra sort of does look like 2018 F150, but better.

Maybe that is why I favor the Silverado look more. It does not look like another existing full size front end.

Edited by Sierra Dan
Picture Attachment

5 hours ago, Sierra Dan said:

Will this also carry over to Silverado and Sierra in the future, to mimic or emulate RAM trucks?

Possible...…..

Ram doesn't use IRS, it had a multi link coil rear suspension, but still has a solid rear axle.  

The Rams setup is similar to what's in the current Tahoes, not the 2020s.  

6 hours ago, f8l vnm said:

I also think the trucks will get their new 5.3 and 6.2 after next year when the new suvs come out. By the way anyone see the new irs on the new full size gm suv coming out next year ? Finally! 

They would not have updated the 5.3 and 6.2 to update them again in a few years.  

The updates the engines got will be what they are for a while.  

22 hours ago, SkiDooNick700 said:

Is that a bunch of salt still seeping out the cracks in the parking lot??

Yeah.  And a bunch of salt that will be seeping into the fish gills on that truck. 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, 2009GMC said:

Well said.

I agree.

When new designs are released a lot of people hate it but after a few years of seeing them on the road it usually grows on people and suddenly the people that hated it end up buying one.

Of course there are exceptions to that but I didn’t care for the k2xx in 2014 and Now I own a 2018!

Agreed. I really like the look of the 14-18. When I first saw the 19's I didn't care for it. I liked the bold more square wheel wells and fenders. One of the reasons why I liked my old Xterra. However the more I see the 19 Silverado the more I enjoy it. Eagerly waiting to see what it looks like in person before I decide on a new 2019 or buy a 2018 at the end of the year for some good rebates/price reductions.. 

On 5/28/2018 at 5:39 PM, the_swd said:

The new Sierra looks marginally better than the new Silverado.

This next generation of GM trucks though are just flat out ugly though.

Couldn't agree more!

On 5/29/2018 at 3:46 PM, shift_grind said:

They would not have updated the 5.3 and 6.2 to update them again in a few years.  

The updates the engines got will be what they are for a while.  

So are you also saying that the new 2020 Tahoe will have the same 355/383 output ? Along with obviously the 420/460?

see I’m thinking the new 2020 base Vette will get a new 6.2 and then that will trickle down to rest of gm line up. When I mean new I mean with this new dfm technology but with a power bump.