Just talked to 2019 Sierra Owner

20 hours ago, Snoringbear said:

Yeh, for sure.  The reason I asked is I read somewhere that for 2019 the 6.2L hp remained the same at 420 but the torque was actually reduced by 10 ft lbs to 450.  Don’t know if true or not.  Anyway, as you I was hoping for a bump in hp and torque for both the 5.3 and 6.2.  But, guess it didn’t happen ?....

No bumps in horsepower or torque for the 5.3 or 6.2. They stay the exact same for 19 model. 

15 hours ago, shift_grind said:

DFM. I imagine it's a bit more than just software.   We don't know a ton about it yet though.   

Sure is.  Each cylinder has collapsible lifters (new ones might I add not the GMT-900-K2 ones) on both intake and exhaust valves.  The VLOM (Valve Lifter Oil Manifold) is gone, and a traditional valley cover in its place.  Instead of the VLOM, each cylinder has its own oil control solenoid (looks almost like a coil on plug type unit) that control oil flow to the lifters for each cylinder.  The 8 solenoids and their controlling harness are located under the new valley plate, which has the harness plug at the front, and the DI pump at the rear (as it is now).