Best inexpensive torque wrench

MaverickZ71

I have the Craftsman I bought about 6=7 years ago. I have the big one and the smaller inch pound wrench.  Both are still working.  I also have a Proto inch pound wrench that goes to 300 inch/lbs.  Frankly, I think the Craftsman is just ok and I think they have gone off to China for their tools.  I wouldn't get another.  If you want US made, Grainger has the Proto 150 ft/lb for $200. Airgas.com has Stanley/Proto for a bit less. Amazon is the better deal for a Proto for the 150 ft/lb 1/2" drive @ $144  https://www.amazon.com/Proto-J6016C-Ratcheting-Micrometer-30-150-Feet/dp/B002GQNHHE/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1550497051&sr=8-7&keywords=proto+torque+wrench

• 5 months later...

beam style is the best, fast and easy, just make sure it has a pivoting, handle otherwise it ain't accurate for shit.  I have all those fancy clickers and audible wrenches, then I discovered how quick and simple a beam wrench is, never looking back!