Wiring side step lights to the cargo lights (after diode mod)

Question: Best way to tap into ground? Tap a ground screw or just find an existing screw? Want to do this today. Thanks in advance!

For the interior lights, I just ran the ground for all the lights to a exposed bolt under the driver's side dash. It's pretty easy to see if you take a look up under there.

For the exterior lights, I ran the ground wire to mounting bolts of the side steps.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Thanks. Ended up tapping a 10-32 ground screw. Took 5 freakin' hours to do 4 lighrs. Biggest pain was no slack on dome light wire... that took an hour alone! Hope there is enough light. Will see tomorrow going to work.

• 2 months later...
Can anyone show me what wire and where to tap into for the outside side step lights?
I thought there was a write up - couldn't find it.
I tapped into the gray wire inside the driver's side A column. That will turn the lights on with the done lights. Just tap the gray wire and ground to the frame outside

7 minutes ago, colonel00 said:

I tapped into the gray wire inside the driver's side A column. That will turn the lights on with the done lights. Just tap the gray wire and ground to the frame outside

Sound good thanks, i actually just found the post that showed that.