Anyone in Canada try to order a new 2019 yet???

This past week I tired 2 different GM dealerships about ordering a 2019 Sierra, My local one told me ordering information isnt out yet and it wont appear until the build and price feature is put up online. The other dealership didn't know any information at all they told me they can only order a double cab 2019, which is the old body style one.

So Did anyone in Canada have any luck orderings a 2019 Silverado or Sierra yet? or is that the dealerships I visited didn't dig deep enough into their computers for information?

Edited by 2016SilveradoZ71

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/11/2018 at 7:26 PM, Jollygreengiant said:

Can't help you with the ordering part but I have yet to even see a 2019 GM truck at a dealer or on the road. But I have seen some 2019 Rams out already. 

Brother said he saw a camo'd '19 in Oshawa the other day. He hasn't seen any otherwise.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was going to order the Trail Boss 2 weeks ago , told I would have to wait until at least September,  so I bought a 2018 Silverado Redline LTZ instead.  Couldn't be happier.  

They just started building them within the last 2 weeks, its going to a while before the pile up enough to start shipping.  The ones that maybe floating around out there are "Captured Test Fleet" vehicles they put in the hands of GM people who drive them daily.

1 hour ago, metalhead said:

I was going to order the Trail Boss 2 weeks ago , told I would have to wait until at least September,  so I bought a 2018 Silverado Redline LTZ instead.  Couldn't be happier.  

30 minutes ago, elcamino said:

They just started building them within the last 2 weeks, its going to a while before the pile up enough to start shipping.  The ones that maybe floating around out there are "Captured Test Fleet" vehicles they put in the hands of GM people who drive them daily.

a GMC dealership in the area told  they can order a 2019 sierra as of last week, and they expects the first to hit the lots early November. another chevrolet dealer told me they cant order the new trucks until September , and they expects to see the first of those February. the funny part about it is the canadain order guide is out since june 29th,

I'm to going to order mine mid September and i'm hoping to take delivery in December when some decent promotions are on. right now theres no Canadian pricing out and I am afraid the truck I wants may be too costly yet.

For 2019 New Style 

Dealer allocation is based on last 12 months LD (Silverado.Sierra) sales,  excluding existing inventory and vehicles in transit.   So there are going to be dealers who have low allocations and cannot get many vehicles.   They will make excuses I am sure.   Low volume dealers wait longer and get less vehicles. A low volume dealer may have 25 customers wanting one but only 5 allocations to satisfy those customers.  Deals will be few and far between.

Also they can only order certain configurations (pattern orders) so any order that deviates from those pattern orders may be constrained or cancelled by GM. 

Edited by elcamino

Yes that's basically the information I was told , which is fully understandable seeing as this is a new launch and the two models have peaked alot of interest.  My reasoning for grabbing a 2018 is I can add the accessories I want now without having to wait maybe another 3-6 months before my dealer would get his allotment . The Redline I bought just recently has everything I wanted in a crew cab configuration,  plus the discounts were something I just couldn't walk away from.  Level kit next week , new tires and then duel Catback exhaust hopefully within the next 3 weeks.  I'm very happy.