Lift Kit Help

30 minutes ago, adamj2121 said:

Yeah if you are going down a road with bumps and holes and so on you are going to need a 6" lift for 35's or a 4" lift and trim a bunch of pieces. Anything less than 4" and you are going to have major rubbing issues on any slight incline.

For a Denali I would highly recommend the BDS kits w/ fox coilers, if you can spring the additional cost.

You are going to get a stiffer ride with a leveling kit and 2.5" is pushing the cv angles, 3" is too much and 2.5" is getting there. I don't recommend doing more than a 2" level.

I'm not gonna be able to put 3700$ into a lift kit. I sure want to because I'm sure it'll ride like a dream but I just cant spend that much. 

I'm not gonna be able to put 3700$ into a lift kit. I sure want to because I'm sure it'll ride like a dream but I just cant spend that much. 

Id do the Zone and upgrade to bilsteins and fox for an additional $300 and you’ll still be under $1500

2017 Chevy Silverado LTZ Z71 6.2L

4.5" Zone w/ Bilstein and Fox

22x10 American Force Grips

33x12.5 Nitto Ridge Grapplers

Instagram @wildchevys

3 minutes ago, jimmyboy8301 said:

Id do the Zone and upgrade to bilsteins and fox for an additional $300 and you’ll still be under $1500

Instagram @wildchevys

I second this. Zone is a great budget option. Much better quality than Rough Country and it will keep your angles much closer to stock than a leveling kit. 

5 minutes ago, jimmyboy8301 said:

Instagram @wildchevys

I see thats what you are runnnin. Do you have any pics of the angles on your truck or the truck in general. So far I think that's the route I'm gonna take. 

2 minutes ago, adamj2121 said:

I second this. Zone is a great budget option. Much better quality than Rough Country and it will keep your angles much closer to stock than a leveling kit. 

So basically what I'm understanding, I always thought people that had 4-6" lifts (or higher) were idiots because it would destroy their ball joints, but in reality, they are better than leveling kits because the actual lifts keep stock angles.(or close to them)  Correct?

I see thats what you are runnnin. Do you have any pics of the angles on your truck or the truck in general. So far I think that's the route I'm gonna take. 

This is at the 3rd notch on the bilsteins (1.25”)

0e27b733e0907c02dce90831f405d3ac.jpg

8a671fe7abbaffe93a4c5331f6f72e70.jpg

7d506c1aa389569a841bd64520eeb4c0.jpg

171922b3145730be3381c517c30b96c7.jpg

Instagram @wildchevys

• Like 1

[mention=49185]jimmyboy8301[/mention] Could you explain a little on the notches on your Bilstein and how they work. I'm confused since you have a 4.5" lift but your set to 1.25" on the strut. 

The bilsteins are adjustable height shocks with 4 settings: 0”, .75”, 1.25”, and 1.85” so i have 1.25” in addition to the 4.5” lift (5.75” total)

Instagram @wildchevys

7 minutes ago, reihart said:

So basically what I'm understanding, I always thought people that had 4-6" lifts (or higher) were idiots because it would destroy their ball joints, but in reality, they are better than leveling kits because the actual lifts keep stock angles.(or close to them)  Correct?

Correct. Leveling kits have zero engineering involved, they just add some space at the top of the coils which causes angles to change from stock, the large the spacers the greater the angles change. Lift kits have drop brackets, replacement knuckles, and other parts that adjust all angles to keep them as close to stock as possible. When you add a lift kit the item causing the most stress on the components of the truck are the larger and heavier tires that are added, the kit itself changes almost nothing in terms of wear or stress.

2 minutes ago, jimmyboy8301 said:

The bilsteins are adjustable height shocks with 4 settings: 0”, .75”, 1.25”, and 1.85” so i have 1.25” in addition to the 4.5” lift (5.75” total)

Instagram @wildchevys

Okay that makes a lot more sense. 

Okay that makes a lot more sense. 

And the ride is night and day over the stock shocks

Instagram @wildchevys

1 minute ago, adamj2121 said:

Correct. Leveling kits have zero engineering involved, they just add some space at the top of the coils which causes angles to change from stock, the large the spacers the greater the angles change. Lift kits have drop brackets, replacement knuckles, and other parts that adjust all angles to keep them as close to stock as possible. When you add a lift kit the item causing the most stress on the components of the truck are the larger and heavier tires that are added, the kit itself changes almost nothing in terms of wear or stress.

Perfect, that was one of my main concerns in getting a lift, tearing things up. How bad does it affect your gas mileage along with the wheels you have?

1 minute ago, jimmyboy8301 said:

And the ride is night and day over the stock shocks

Instagram @wildchevys

Do you have Fox in the rear? I see you said "and Fox"

9 minutes ago, reihart said:

Perfect, that was one of my main concerns in getting a lift, tearing things up. How bad does it affect your gas mileage along with the wheels you have?

My truck was purchased as an ALC package, so I have never driven it without the lift. I have a FlexFuel engine and run e85 almost constantly. Running ethanol I get about 12-14mpg, depending on my driving style. I have seen as low as 10 with a lot of aggressive acceleration. When I have ran regular gasoline, which I do during the winter months, I get about 16-17 mpg. I had a Sierra 1500 as a loaner and I averaged 17-18 mpg in it. The biggest difference is highway driving anywhere that has a 70+ mph speed limit my truck will barely get above 18mpg where as a stock truck tends to get 20-21mpg. Overall, I don't notice the lower fuel economy that much and I am willing to trade off a couple of miles per gallon for the looks and ground clearance.