Good news from Apple

If you haven’t been following the WWDC from Apple, you might have missed some pretty great news today.

All of us with CarPlay are getting a pretty big upgrade this fall. They’re letting third party maps programs onto CarPlay! Google maps, waze, etc. sounds like cool stuff is incoming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 8

This is all assuming google updates their apps to work with CarPlay, and that apple actually gets their shit together in time and it releases in the fall alongside iOS 12. Messages in iCloud was announced last year at WWDC and didn't get implemented until the update last week. That's almost a full year before releasing something they went over in WWDC.

That being said, I am hoping all parties get their shit together so that's it's ready in September!

This is all assuming google updates their apps to work with CarPlay, and that apple actually gets their shit together in time and it releases in the fall alongside iOS 12. Messages in iCloud was announced last year at WWDC and didn't get implemented until the update last week. That's almost a full year before releasing something they went over in WWDC.

That being said, I am hoping all parties get their shit together so that's it's ready in September!

Too true with the update... I had been waiting on multi room airplay, which just got pushed out too.

To be really honest, I think google will jump on this. They don’t care if you buy android or iPhone except that they want info about you. Where you drive, when, with who... so I bet they’ll get right in on that whenever apple pushes that feature through. Launch day, if it’s not already available throughout the beta stages.

I’m really hoping for CoPilot or another app that allows full downloaded databases and maps. That way I’m not dependent on cellular as much, or I have a backup when there’s no service.

Maybe Apple should worry more about getting the audio fixed before anything else. Mine is nothing but static since IOS 11.3 update. I got my hopes up when they said it was addressed in IOS 11.4 but nope. It’s better but still sounds like crap plugged in, Bluetooth isn’t nearly as bad. 

Maybe Apple should worry more about getting the audio fixed before anything else. Mine is nothing but static since IOS 11.3 update. I got my hopes up when they said it was addressed in IOS 11.4 but nope. It’s better but still sounds like crap plugged in, Bluetooth isn’t nearly as bad. 

I’ve had problems, but nothing like that. My audio is always 100% whether plugged in or via Bluetooth.

The problem I have is that when my phone is plugged in, it takes forever to skip a song. It’s like the command takes forever to get sent. Not sure if it’s an Apple or Chevy problem. Strange that both of our problems are when the phone is plugged in. I would expect the opposite.

7 hours ago, Brandon5799 said:

You must have a problem with the hardware. Either the phone, the cable, or the head unit itself. 

Anyone ever have issues connecting?  Some times I have to unplug and then replug in the phone to get Car Play to work. It always seems to work, but sometimes there is a delay and sometimes it takes two attempts. Could any specific apps really running on the phone cause that?  Anyone else having similar experiences?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Loco-diablo said:

You must have a problem with the hardware. Either the phone, the cable, or the head unit itself. 

It’s a problem with apple’s software. I’ve searched a bunch or forums for Audi, GM, Ford and Nissan owners etc and every brand is having some issues. What’s really weird is it’s spotty, only a handful of people are having problems and 11.4 fixed it for some and for some it made it worse. My first thought was my cord was bad but that wasn’t it so that’s when I seen online I wasn’t the only one. It’s even effecting people with aftermarket head units like Alpines. Just google Apple CarPlay static and cracking noise and the forums will pop up of people complaining about their problems.

On 6/8/2018 at 10:52 AM, Brandon5799 said:

It’s a problem with apple’s software. I’ve searched a bunch or forums for Audi, GM, Ford and Nissan owners etc and every brand is having some issues. What’s really weird is it’s spotty, only a handful of people are having problems and 11.4 fixed it for some and for some it made it worse. My first thought was my cord was bad but that wasn’t it so that’s when I seen online I wasn’t the only one. It’s even effecting people with aftermarket head units like Alpines. Just google Apple CarPlay static and cracking noise and the forums will pop up of people complaining about their problems.

Strange how it only affects certain folks. I'm running 11.3.1 on a 5s, and it's been fine.