Sign in to follow this  
Zane

2019 Chevrolet Trax - What's New, Changed, & Removed

18CHTX35001_a.jpg

Zane Merva

Executive Editor, GM-Trucks.com

6/8/2018

Chevrolet's quirky looking but utilitarian compact crossover, the Trax has been a surprising hit. Fuel efficient, roomy, and available with all-wheel-drive, the Trax offers small families exactly what they want. Versatility. For the new model year, the Trax stays mostly the same. Only changes in colors and badging come this vehicle's way for 2019. 

Check out our other "What's New For 2019" Articles

Here's what's new for the 2019 Chevrolet Trax.

2018 Options That Have Been Retired

•      (G7C) Red Hot exterior color

New Features, Colors & Options for 2019

•      (G6O) Pacific Blue Metallic exterior color
  •      (GM6) Dark Copper Metallic exterior color
  •      (GYM) Satin Steel Metallic exterior color

Small Changes In Trim & Packaging for 2019

•      New "Premier" nameplate on liftgate

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By cchiodo
      1999 GMC Sierra 1/2 ton 4X4 240k miles

I am hearing a loud single pop/clunk from the front end passenger side when I turn the steering wheel sharp LEFT ONLY in forward and reverse.  I can replicate the noise nearly 100% of the time if the truck is on a moderate to steep incline.  This only happens at slow speeds.  I feel next to nothing through the steering column.  I hear the most out the front passenger window and feel the pop/clunk through the floor of the cab.  I have replaced the intermediate steering shaft with the updated GM part.

Any direction would be really appreciated.
    • By James Dixon
      I’m at my wits end over this 

I’m not sure if it’s been discussed on here yet but I’m having a serious problem with my truck going into limp mode at random.

I have a 2007 GMC Sierra, SLT, Z71 (newer body style) 

It runs fine for weeks, sometimes even months. Out of nowhere it’ll go into limp mode with these dash warnings:

”engine power reduced”
      ”traction control off”
      ”service traction control”
      ”service stabilitrack”

Readings are:
      P2138
      C0242
      C0899
      C0900

I replaced the engine due to a cam and lifter problem about 3 yrs ago. The truck started acting up about a month after the engine was replaced. The engine is still under warranty. 

-I’ve changed the gas pedal sensor.
      -I’ve changed the throttle body and throttle positioning sensor. 
      -I’ve changed the electronic control module (ECM)
      -I’ve changed the electronic brake control module (EBCM)
      -I’ve even replaced the battery cables
      -I’ve added a new ground wire, thinking I had a bad ground somewhere. 
      - I’ve checked and cleaned all connections into the throttle body, gas pedal, and all the plug ins I could see and get to. 

I had a guy tell me to look at the brake booster and possibly change that. It might be leaking or something. I’m not sure if that’s accurate advice and I haven’t done anything to the brake booster. 

Other than fooling with the brake booster, I’ve literally done everything I know to do except change the entire wiring harness!!! I don’t want to do that though. I love the truck and I don’t want to sell it but Im tired of putting money into it. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I’m on the verge of pushing it off of a tall cliff!

help!

- James 

• By James Dixon
      I’m at my wits end over this 

I’m not sure if it’s been discussed on here yet but I’m having a serious problem with my truck going into limp mode at random.

I have a 2007 GMC Sierra, SLT, Z71 (newer body style) 

It runs fine for weeks, sometimes even months. Out of nowhere it’ll go into limp mode with these dash warnings:

”engine power reduced”
      ”traction control off”
      ”service traction control”
      ”service stabilitrack”

Readings are:
      P2138
      C0242
      C0899
      C0900

I replaced the engine due to a cam and lifter problem about 3 yrs ago. The truck started acting up about a month after the engine was replaced. The engine is still under warranty. 

-I’ve changed the gas pedal sensor.
      -I’ve changed the throttle body and throttle positioning sensor. 
      -I’ve changed the electronic control module (ECM)
      -I’ve changed the electronic brake control module (EBCM)
      -I’ve even replaced the battery cables
      -I’ve added a new ground wire, thinking I had a bad ground somewhere. 
      - I’ve checked and cleaned all connections into the throttle body, gas pedal, and all the plug ins I could see and get to. 

I had a guy tell me to look at the brake booster and possibly change that. It might be leaking or something. I’m not sure if that’s accurate advice and I haven’t done anything to the brake booster. 

Other than fooling with the brake booster, I’ve literally done everything I know to do except change the entire wiring harness!!! I don’t want to do that though. I love the truck and I don’t want to sell it but Im tired of putting money into it. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I’m on the verge of pushing it off of a tall cliff!

help!

- James 

• By Zane

Zane Merva
      Executive Editor, GM-Trucks.com
      6/8/2018

The Buick Encore continues on with only small packaging changes for the 2019 model year. Buick is realigning the Encore's trim levels this year, so many of the previous year's trim packages are no longer available. 

Check out our other "What's New For 2019" Articles

Here's what's new for the 2019 Buick Encore.

2018 Options That Have Been Retired
           FWD Preferred II 1SD (4JU76) models      AWD Preferred II 1SD (4JM76) models      FWD Premium 1SN (4JV76) models      AWD Premium 1SN (4JN76) models      (GJ6) Black Cherry Metallic exterior color      (GK2) Graphite Gray Metallic exterior color      (GQM) Coastal Blue Metallic exterior color  
      New Features, Colors & Options for 2019
           (GUM) Seeker Blue Metallic exterior color      (GYM) Satin Steel Gray Metallic exterior color      (PCL) Safety Package II, includes (KEM) Ionizing air cleaner, (CE1) Rainsense wipers, (UD5) Front and Rear Park Assist, (UEU) Forward Collision Alert and (UFL) Lane Departure Warning (1SL models)