mavrik2747

2WD Crew Cab Lift Kit w/ Tire Sizes

I scoured through the leveling kit / lift kit threads and didn't find much information on the 2wd trucks. I want to put a 1-1/2" or 2" leveling kit and be able to put a 33-34" (305/70/17, 305/65/17 or 33/12.5/17) tire without rubbing on the stock rims.

What's the best way to go to get these larger tires to fit?

I've got a 2wd with a 2.5" level in the front only. Currently, I'm running the BFG AT KO2s in 275/55/20, not on stock wheels though, but I have no rubbing. I did order me some Falken Wildpeak AT3Ws in 305/55/20 though, still waiting on those to come in. Overall diameter on those is about 33.21" and just about 12" wide so once I get them on I'll be able to see if there's any rubbing. I know there's a lot of people on here that just have to zip tie the plastics back a little or maybe trim the front but nothing too drastic. I've even seen a youtube video of a guy who stuffed 35s on his truck with just a level in the front, says it only rubs at full lock. 

I’ve got the 2.5 level kit on mine and I’m running 305/55/20

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, MHPrior80 said:

I’ve got the 2.5 level kit on mine and I’m running 305/55/20

Do you think you'd have enough room with a 2" level kit? I don't want to go up that high if I don't have to.

Edited by mavrik2747

46 minutes ago, mavrik2747 said:

Do you think you'd have enough room with a 2" level kit? I don't want to go up that high if I don't have to.

I originally put the 2in level on and it was fine. Just runs at full turn which I rarely do. I added the other .5, just for added clearance was all