While I realize the EPA screwed the paint process to water-based, I'm looking for success/failure stories of people who've had issue with their clear coats peeling. I have a 2017 with the Siren Red tintcoat. What started as a three white paint chips has turned into about quarter sized clear coat peels around each chip about midway up the rear right fender. For comparison, it's the same area were the gas tank cover would be. I have an oil change due soon and I'm fearful chevy will tell me pound sound. Anybody have issues and experiences with their warranties and chips and clear coat peeling? 

While the picture is grainy due to the focus, you can see all the dull red to the left of the chip, that was the initial peel I noticed and it's since gotten worse amongst other chips as well. 

IMG_0615 copy.jpg

GM will be warranting the paint.

That’s good to hear. Are they respraying the panel or are they just toughing it up? 

They will be respraying the passenger side bed panel as well as the front passenger quarter panel as well. When I asked the Paint and Body manager, GM is apparently pretty good about their warranty with the pain. He said that about 2 mos ago, a guy came in with a 2012 that had the roof peeled. Apparently, roof peeling on the '12s was common but this guy was out of warranty. GM only asked him to cover 25% of the cost and GM ate the rest. Time will tell... since this is a documented issue on my truck, I wonder what the future holds if other panels begin to peel. 

2014 denali paint peeled off all around the rear passenger window gm repainted the whole door and no charge