Tune up?

Hello all, I just had my 14 Silverado tunes up and it now feels like it’s wanting to shut off while idling at a stop light. It feels like a fuel problem instead of a rough idle 

When something like this happens it is usually related to what you last did to the truck.  You can cross out the oil change as being the problem and probably the air filter, kind of hard to screw that up.  I would say something is wrong with one or more of you plugs or one or more of your plug wires or a combination of the two.  If the truck ran fine before then that is where your problem more than likely is.

tnchevy is correct.  It would be quite a coincidence if something new has gone wrong.  I'd also take O_J_Simpson's question seriously.  Your "tune-up" may not have been necessary on your truck.  The business that recommended this as a solution to performance issues  may have misdiagnosed the problem.  Take it back.  I usually keep my vehicles for over 100K (miles) and it has been decades since I've had to change spark plugs and wires. 

Hey guys sorry just got home from work. That is exactly my feeling, I believe it’s the wires or plugs as I really didn’t have bad idle issues other than the occasional slight dip while at a light but not very noticeable. I am dropping it off Sat andtheyre gonna pull them all out and check. But this is very noticeable, almost like it’s lacking fuel. Thanks again! 

Make sure the air intake take tube is connected well at the throttle body and and filter housing. Also check all other connections to the air intake. If they didn’t fully discharge the ECM the computer may be trying to figure out the changes with the new spark plugs and wires. Also if they did fully discharge the ECM it can take 100 miles for the computer to remap all the worn sensors and such.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I experienced what you're describing following a spark plug and wire change on my prior truck that I did myself.  It went as far as backfiring a couple times too.  I couldn't believe that my new performance plug wires were bad, but I misted some water across them with a spray bottle and sure enough, saw sparks arcing.  MSD sent me a replacement right away.  Using a spray bottle is an easy way to check if that's happening though.

• Like 1

I havent changed chevy plugs since my 73' 454 vette ...I'm pretty sure all new plug boots should have DieElectric grease put in them. The modern high voltage systems will arc across the surface of the boots with the smallest bit of contamination.