2015 chevy 1500 lt. Reverse back up lights.

26 minutes ago, MHPrior80 said:

Agreed!  Love these at night. I’m just debating now if I wanna pit some VHT night shade on them to kinda match the black headlight and tail lights 

I think they look good as is, but that's just my opinion. If anything, I'd paint the housing white to match the truck. 

6 hours ago, 15BlueSilverado said:

I think they look good as is, but that's just my opinion. If anything, I'd paint the housing white to match the truck. 

Eh. I like how the black breaks up the white. I don’t think I’d like color matched on those 

• 3 months later...

I am adding flood lights to brighten up when i go in reverse.  I have the 2" square Rough Country lights that switch using the Homelink Buttons but i would like them to come on with the Cargo Lights instead.  Anyone know the best way to pass a wire from the cab to the engine bay on the passenger side?

I ran a harness down the frame on the drivers side pretty easily. It popped up near the grommet to go into the cab. It may be the same or very similar on passenger side. There’s a small chance I’m actually running a wire to my wheel well after work today if I have the time. If I do I’ll let you know where I ran it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...
On 6/22/2018 at 2:09 PM, 15BlueSilverado said:

I did this on my 01 Tahoe and loved it, especially since I had limo tint on all the rear windows. These paired with a good reverse camera are perfect. 

How did you figure out where to cut the hole? Yours looks really centered which I like. 

I bought the flush mounts and had everything taped off and found the dead center and was ready to start cutting and when I looked at the backside of the bumper I thought the flush mounts housing would hit the brackets on the backside. I ended up holding off on the project cause I was worried that I would cut the holes and not be able to get them to sit and to me I didnt see a good spot to get them in not way off center. Did you trim the back brackets too?

On 11/24/2019 at 10:17 AM, Dersch said:

How did you figure out where to cut the hole? Yours looks really centered which I like. 

I bought the flush mounts and had everything taped off and found the dead center and was ready to start cutting and when I looked at the backside of the bumper I thought the flush mounts housing would hit the brackets on the backside. I ended up holding off on the project cause I was worried that I would cut the holes and not be able to get them to sit and to me I didnt see a good spot to get them in not way off center. Did you trim the back brackets too?

I actually did it backwards. I placed them where I thought they looked centered on the bumper, then cut the holes out. It wasn't until I tried mounting them that I noticed they hit the brackets so I just trimmed the lights a little on the backside fins and then they fit good. If you try to clear the brackets completely, they end to far towards the license plate and I didn't care for that, but that's my opinion. From there, I just wired them into the trailer light plug reverse wire, pretty simple. I made a template, taped it off, drilled some starter holes and used a jigsaw to cut the holes out.