StockRedSierra's 2017 Sierra 1500 All Terrain Build

Stockredsierra

Here is my 2017 GMC Sierra 1500 All Terrain - Crimson Red Tintcoat build. Bought the truck mid August of 2017 with 40 miles on it. I just broke 23,000 miles this week. Needless to say it's my daily driver. Since I'm new to the forum, I've already done a lot of work to the truck in the year I've owned it. I will list all the mods done so far. If anyone has questions or would like pictures of the mods with explanations, I will try to provide as much information as I can.

Mods in order from oldest to newest:

• 20% tint match with 5% eyebrow
  • AVS rain guards
  • WeatherTech floor liners
  • Truxedo low-pro QT tonneau cover
  • American Flag hitch cover
  • Locking hitch pin
  • Charcoal Grey GMC emblem overlays
  • Readylift 2.25" leveling kit with tubular UCA's (sold the level for new level but kept the UCA's installed)
  • 275x65r20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers mounted to stock AT wheels (Wheels have since been sold)
  • LED cargo lights
  • LED license plate lights
  • LED reverse lights
  • 20x10 -19 Hostile Sprockets
  • 33x12.5r20 Toyo RT's with TMPS sensors and black lug nuts
  • Motofab 2.5" upper mount leveling kit
  • Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
  • Range AFM disabler
  • Borla S-Type cat-back exhaust
  • Magnum Manufacturing low pro headache rack
  • sPOD 8-circuit system with HD switch panel

Free mods:

• Removed factory running boards
  • Removed front valence

Future mods:

• Baja Designs ONX6 30" Arc light bar - (currently shipping)
  • Rough Country behind the grill mounting hardware - (currently shipping)
  • Active Grill Shutter delete (to be able to install light bar)
  • AMP Research power steps
  • 17x8.5 Method NV black (winter setup)
  • GoodYear Duratrac 295x75r17 (winter setup)
  • DeeZee 47" black toolbox
  • Viair Heavy Duty air compressor and 2.5 gallon air tank on-board air package
  • Baja Designs ONX6 10" Arc light bar (mounted on the headache rack facing rear)

Attached are photos of my truck as it sits. Feel free to follow my truck Instagram account for more photos @StockRedSierra.

IMG_6797[1].JPG

IMG_6858[1].JPG

IMG_6864[1].JPG

IMG_6878[1].JPG

Edited by Stockredsierra
  • Like 3

Good looking truck. Just curious on why you changed the level? Did you like the Readylift? Did the 275s rub any?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I enjoyed the readylift level. No issues whatsoever. No rubbing with the 275s. Once I bought the 33s they rubbed pretty good so I had to bump up the level.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/17/2018 at 4:32 AM, Stockredsierra said:
  • 275x65r20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers mounted to stock AT wheels (Wheels have since been sold)
  • LED cargo lights
  • LED license plate lights
  • LED reverse lights

I'm actually interested in these items. 

How was the 275/65s on the AT wheels? Rubbing? Trimming? 
I'm on the fence of 275/65 or 285/60 for my AT

The LEDs are the simplest and one of the best mods. But I'm curious which bulbs you used and how do they look. 

Also followed on Insta.

How are the Ready lift UCA's holding up?

They are holding up great. I’ll be upgrading my suspension down the road with coilovers and I’ll likely replace them with Cognito UCAs. But for the price, they have surpassed my expectations.

I'm actually interested in these items. 

How was the 275/65s on the AT wheels? Rubbing? Trimming? 
I'm on the fence of 275/65 or 285/60 for my AT

The LEDs are the simplest and one of the best mods. But I'm curious which bulbs you used and how do they look. 

Also followed on Insta.

Thank you for the follow. The 275/65 setup was perfect in my opinion. There was no rubbing or trimming required on the 2.25” readylift level. And for the bulbs I used Sylvania. They are pure white and work great. Had them in since November and haven’t blown a bulb yet.

levels are useless imo just put a small suspension lift on. Your truck is gorgeous by the way.

I wouldn’t say a level kit is useless. It will gain clearance for short money. If you are talking in terms of suspension improvement then you are 100% right. I’m looking into a coilover leveling setup in the future once the stock Ranchos start going. Unfortunately in Massachusetts we can’t lift a vehicle more than 2” so most lift kits are out of the question.

53 minutes ago, Stockredsierra said:

They are holding up great. I’ll be upgrading my suspension down the road with coilovers and I’ll likely replace them with Cognito UCAs. But for the price, they have surpassed my expectations.

Just curious on why the switch to cognito's? I've read mixed reviews on them. i already have a 2.25 ReadyLift i just want to do UCA's at the same time and im having a hard time deciding on what ones i want. 

26 minutes ago, Rally_18 said:

Just curious on why the switch to cognito's? I've read mixed reviews on them. i already have a 2.25 ReadyLift i just want to do UCA's at the same time and im having a hard time deciding on what ones i want. 

I've also heard mixed reviews on Cognito's UCAs. I have a good friend who runs Cognitos on a BDS 4" lift kit and he has had a good experience so far. Theres no doubt that the Cognito's boxed design is stronger than the Readylift tubular design. I believe the Cognito corrects the ball joint angle a little better than the Readylift when running a level...but I'm not 100% sure. I'm still in the process of researching but that's what I've gotten so far.