StockRedSierra's 2017 Sierra 1500 All Terrain Build

Stockredsierra

2 hours ago, Stockredsierra said:

I wouldn’t say a level kit is useless. It will gain clearance for short money. If you are talking in terms of suspension improvement then you are 100% right. I’m looking into a coilover leveling setup in the future once the stock Ranchos start going. Unfortunately in Massachusetts we can’t lift a vehicle more than 2” so most lift kits are out of the question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oh wow theres no way I could live there then, that sucks.  I can see why you went that route then.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2018 at 3:32 AM, Stockredsierra said:

Here is my 2017 GMC Sierra 1500 All Terrain - Crimson Red Tintcoat build. Bought the truck mid August of 2017 with 40 miles on it. I just broke 23,000 miles this week. Needless to say it's my daily driver. Since I'm new to the forum, I've already done a lot of work to the truck in the year I've owned it. I will list all the mods done so far. If anyone has questions or would like pictures of the mods with explanations, I will try to provide as much information as I can.

Mods in order from oldest to newest:

• 20% tint match with 5% eyebrow
  • AVS rain guards
  • WeatherTech floor liners
  • Truxedo low-pro QT tonneau cover
  • American Flag hitch cover
  • Locking hitch pin
  • Charcoal Grey GMC emblem overlays
  • Readylift 2.25" leveling kit with tubular UCA's (sold the level for new level but kept the UCA's installed)
  • 275x65r20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers mounted to stock AT wheels (Wheels have since been sold)
  • LED cargo lights
  • LED license plate lights
  • LED reverse lights
  • 20x10 -19 Hostile Sprockets
  • 33x12.5r20 Toyo RT's with TMPS sensors and black lug nuts
  • Motofab 2.5" upper mount leveling kit
  • Cold Air Inductions cold air intake
  • Range AFM disabler
  • Borla S-Type cat-back exhaust
  • Magnum Manufacturing low pro headache rack
  • sPOD 8-circuit system with HD switch panel

Free mods:

• Removed factory running boards
  • Removed front valence

Future mods:

• Baja Designs ONX6 30" Arc light bar - (currently shipping)
  • Rough Country behind the grill mounting hardware - (currently shipping)
  • Active Grill Shutter delete (to be able to install light bar)
  • AMP Research power steps
  • 17x8.5 Method NV black (winter setup)
  • GoodYear Duratrac 295x75r17 (winter setup)
  • DeeZee 47" black toolbox
  • Viair Heavy Duty air compressor and 2.5 gallon air tank on-board air package
  • Baja Designs ONX6 10" Arc light bar (mounted on the headache rack facing rear)

Attached are photos of my truck as it sits. Feel free to follow my truck Instagram account for more photos @StockRedSierra.

IMG_6797[1].JPG

IMG_6858[1].JPG

IMG_6864[1].JPG

IMG_6878[1].JPG

How did you remove the front valence?

12 hours ago, jlozan2 said:

How did you remove the front valence?

There's 12 or so bolts holding it on to the bumper. I believe it was a 10mm socket. Then you can just pull it off.

5 hours ago, Rally_18 said:

The light bar behind the grill, you removed the shutters right? How did you get around the check engine light things?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, I deleted the shutters. There's a thread on Active Grille Shutters on this forum that explains how to remove them without throwing a CEL. Just search Active Grille Shutters and it should pop up. You basically need to remove the motor from the shutters and glue the nubs from the main shutters back in the motor and relocate it along with the ambient temperature sensor. 

• Like 1

Update:

Since the last post I have deleted the grille shutters and installed the Baja Designs 30" OnX6 Arc light bar behind the grill using the Rough Country mounting brackets. So far, the light bar has far exceeded my expectations. The light bar build quality is unparalleled and is amazingly bright. Below are a few of my favorite photos I've taken of the light bar.

The light bar fits perfectly between the grille slots and the light is only obstructed by a few plastic bars, but is unnoticeable when the light is shining. As far as the Rough Country bracket goes, it is solid and I've seen no sign of loosening with the nyloc nuts holding them on. I did need to buy 1/4" nylon spacers to fit the light bar between the brackets and dremel them to size due to the brackets being a little too wide. The spacers came in a white color, so I ended up spray painting them black to blend into the brackets. I also had to buy longer grade 8 bolts to hold the bar onto the brackets due to having spacers on either side. Wiring the light bar was straight forward using the sPOD. Just a positive and negative wire to the source and done.

Any further questions please feel free to ask. I don't see many people deleting their grille shutters for light bars, so I'm happy to answer any questions that people have.

-Cody

IMG_7130.thumb.jpg.d96ee43fb2bfab4e4056339432618152.jpg

IMG_7156.thumb.jpg.c9b68e84404c12d600737c8dc06a6968.jpg

IMG_7157.thumb.jpg.46dd079ced3eede3ab21590d48ed97c6.jpg

IMG_7196.thumb.jpg.5e81ad65c87058191cb8fb0c836663d9.jpg

IMG_7206.thumb.jpg.d2ea6d2dbebb4dca27c25cfdea6d2c42.jpg

IMG_7574.thumb.JPG.5261d98ec442d641a8c074ed6ddd1c3e.JPG

• 2 months later...