1500 MAX Tow vs 2500HD 6.0

I was having an engine noise issue which the dealership said they repaired under warranty but said it was "common". With all the rebates available I was able to buy a 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE MAX Tow crew cab with the 6.5ft bed and 5.3 V8 for $11,000 under MSRP. It had the options I was looking for and color

To be really honest, assuming you’re not having problems with the truck, it sounds like it may not be the perfect fit now.. but with travel trailer plans, it may make more sense than you think... payload, towing and all of that stuff aside, one of the biggest benefits with your diesel is filling up while towing. You can go to the larger fuel islands and not have to worry about hitting the overhang, and since they’re made for semis towing, you’ll usually be able to maneuver easier.

Looking at your last post, if there’s issues, maybe it doesn’t make sense if it’s a ticking time bomb.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, bmartin said:

I was having an engine noise issue which the dealership said they repaired under warranty but said it was "common". With all the rebates available I was able to buy a 2018 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE MAX Tow crew cab with the 6.5ft bed and 5.3 V8 for $11,000 under MSRP. It had the options I was looking for and color

Congratulations on your new truck!  With a '16 diesel as a trade your otd price must have been good!  

In case anyone’s interested, Demontrond GMC has over $14K off on their 18 crew cabs in Houston Tx, ask for James Saville

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk