In 20 seconds you can become part of the worlds largest and oldest community discussing General Motors, Chevrolet and GMC branded pickups, crossovers, and SUVs. From buying research to owner support, join 1.5 MILLION GM Truck Enthusiasts every month who use GM-Trucks.com as a daily part of their ownership experience. 

Sign in to follow this  
Junior11491

BATTERY EXPLOSION, a/c not working, 2014 silverado

A few days ago I turned the key to start my 2014 Silverado LTZ 4x4(51,000 miles), when it hit the accessory position my AC delco battery EXPLODED under my hood (spewing acid all over, the whole 9 yards). No, I don't have anything extra hooked to my battery at all. Anyway, this blew one of the main fuses coming directly off the battery in which I had to replace that entire fuse board. Bought a new battery, start the truck, radio screen not on. Found that little yellow blown fuse on the passenger side, fixed that. Now, for the life of me, I can not find the source of my last problem which is my A/C  blower motor will not come on at all.All the lights come on the a/c controller by the radio. I figured it would be another fuse but the ones I checked were ok(maybe I'm missing one?). I stabbed a test light in the red wire going to the blower motor and its getting power. It would be hard for me to believe that the blower motor went bad since it was otherwise working fine before this battery failure. What am I missing? Thank you in advance.

Does the voltage change at the motor when you change the fan speed? If so, it would seem like it’s working. I would guess full speed, the motor should be reading somewhere around 12-14 volts.

Just from what you’re saying though, if the fans getting power and isn’t moving, unless there’s a fuse on the fan, I’d guess it was toast. Could be wrong though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You were correct, blower motor was toast! Battery explodes, $400 in parts later Im back on the road. This is my 2nd Chevy you would think I would have learned by now